INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

Actually you got it cheaper online it was like 15 bucks at farm bureau

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Our non feathered kids were wild tonight!
    [​IMG]

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    It is in the directions on how to treat scaly leg mites. Don't get me wrong it works pretty good for simple easy fixes. And the good thing about it is if you give them too much it really isnt going to hurt them as it isnt very strong med. IMO it stinks (smelling wise not quality wise lol)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  5. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    bummer. I was hoping the smell would be more pleasant than the NuStock [​IMG]

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't know what Nustock smells like, but I definatley would not call the smell of Vetrx pleasant lol

7. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I do give the girls a visual check each week, that's why I noticed the scales. The one that I really noticed it on isn't anywhere near that bad in the picture you showed. I'll get a pic tomorrow. My mom came down for a visit. She's a blind, double amputee from diabetes, so my time has been all to my mom. She went home today, not feeling well.

I'm glad I could buy this local, as I'd rather give my money to local. But I will also get the Nu Stock to have on hand if I need it. Thanks for the info on scaly mites. And I did make a mess of it too. I didn't think about the topper as I went out in the dark. I had it all over my fingers.

I sure hope you baby is ok, best wishes he does pass whatever it is tonight. Will be thinking about you and the pooch.

I'm still working on getting my first aid kit together. I would like to have NuStock as I've read lots of good things. But I was able to buy VetRX local, I'll have to wait for the NutStock. I do like they way the VetRX smells.

Scaly leg mites is listed how to treat it. So I'll give this a chance. I do like the smell.

8. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Hello and welcome!

9. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

:welcome

10. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Small update while I have two mins...

Sorry if I posted the same thing 400 times in a row. The phone version can be a pain I the buttocks.

Called the lady about the Cochins, she said someone was coming to look at them that night, so I will call her Sunday and see what's left.

I now have three broodies, leaving the remaining two lost and friendless outside. Orange does not seem to be as die hard as the others, which is fine by me.
    I gave all three a RIR egg each. We shall see if they work out. Momma has pulled all her belly feathers out so I think she will stay the course on this one. Yay.

As someone just mentioned, get the incubator and someone will go broody. All this incubator talk in our house means the girls get serious.

Excited ( but not excited enough to post this a dozen times) :gig

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by