INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    It sounds like you had great memories with your danes.some of these stories my parents told as Iwas to young to remmeber some of them. When I was a toddler I would hang all over cheif, on his neck and legs,he couldnt of cared less, he just like the company. I used to sleep with him in his cage, that was rarley used. My dada used to say the sam thing about danes. And it is true their hearts are bigger than them. Some people are very afraid of them due to their size, but honestly you couldnt find a nicer type of dog. I would be more afraid of chiuahaus and such, they litereally bite ankles,trust me!

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok this story is completley unrelated to chickens and dogs lol. Yesterday was my sisters birthday and her husband let her pick her own present, For his birthday he got $400 worth of cowboy boots. So she decided she was going to get an iphone 5, it cost a little more lol. So i went with her to get it. We spent an hour having someone set it up. Iphone 5's have siri. I have wanted to try siri for a while now. and she wass nice enough to let be the first one to use it one her new phone!!! I said serach for backyard chickens, brought up this website, then gas stations and it brought up ones near me. Of course i'm over there giggling, because I was thrilled I got to use siri. and i didnt realize I said it into the phone and I said I bet it isnt as cool as the epsisode on the big bang theory. It heard it and looked up the show! I went to breakfast with her this morning and asked if i could talk to siri again. She let me. I said hi, and siri said good morning. I carried on a conversation with it. Which i just find amazing that people made some elctronic capable of doing something like that. Then my sister told me what she said to it last night. She asked wether siriwas a boy or a girl (voice sound like a girl more than boy). Its response was I was not programed with a gender. Now I want an iphone 5!. Apparently siri comes on ipads, but I would use it way more on a phone. O and BTW if you didnt already realize this from my story, I am a geek. lol

3. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

I just upgraded to an iPhone 4S that has suri on it, you can actually program it wether you want a male or female voice ;)

Ok other than Easter eggers what breeds lay colored eggs?? I'm making my list for spring already :p

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  4. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Ccccc- we have iPhones and iPads too.. I too am absolutely amazed at all the technology!!! We were just talking the other day about how just a few years ago while on vacation, we would pass towns on the interstate and ask" why this was named that, or who a person was ( that had something named for them). And how now we whip out out our phones and every answer we need is there!! We also take tons more pics now, and I'm usually impressed with how they look. My MIl asked yesterday about our cell phone bill because she and my stepson are on with us. I told her I didn't know because my DH pays it on line, she kept saying" when the bill comes??" I couldn't get her to understand we don't do paper anymore! Sometimes it's all hard to comprehend!!

5. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Browncow-let me whip out my iPhone and look up Pickin Chickens....... It says ameraucana and Araucana!!! But art the Creambars supposed to do blue too?

6. danand

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Browncow- try it!! Pickin Chicken app from Mother Earth magazine. It'll tell you the breeds the lay all the colors and uses of birds. Has some pics of breeds. It is missing a few though but still fun to use.

7. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

Cool didn't even think of that!! :)

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    So I sent an email to the seller of the modern games I had purchased to verify we were still good on shipping this week. I just got his reply:
    "Hi brad, I hate to tell you but I had something get in the pen and kill all but 2 young females. I am sorry. I will refund your money for the rest and still ship you just to 2 females or I can refund you all of the money.
    I also have Cornish, old English and white silkies, as well as other things if you want something else.
    Sorry once again
    Matt"

What?!? I know things happen, but it makes me wonder when he was planning to tell me if I hadn't sent him the email? I declined the two females and asked for a full refund. Now to decide if I should go on a hunt for more....

9. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Is the man's name Chris from Morgantown? Just curious because that is who I spoke with at Bloomington and he said he is going to have red and birchen soon. If it is someone different let me know and I will put you in touch!!!

10. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    No these were coming from NY. Are his bantams?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by