INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    If there is soybean in it, it must be boiled or roasted or it is toxic to poultry. Obviously not worth the effort.

John

2. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    I know how you feel. My mom isn't quite as far along as yours yet, I think, but she is losing her memory, both short term and long term, It is as if she is disappearing. She would not come to live with us and lives in a senior retirement center where she gets the care she needs. I spend the day with her once or twice a week, but my siblings won't come at all because they get bored with her. She is at an argumentative stage where she insists things did not happen or whatever. She calls to ask about things she has misplaced or forgotten about, and it is so sad. I now am constantly questioning my own (numerous!) memory slips! My husband's father died with his memory entirely gone, so he worries, too. Guess our kids should really worry with dementia on both sides of the family!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    HELP!! I remember someone talking about the wonderful electric coop door with light sensor that they had installed, but I can't find it to get the name. Please can anyone recall the name of that marvelous electric door?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Start it now john! So glad to see you are "IN" the chickies will love you 10X
    I keep a few days ahead. It is so good for the birds digestion.
    If i didnt ferment I would be broke. Its very healthy for all the birds.

5. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    kab~ I just thought Lavender might be a splash because her neck and head are darker, but I guess that's just the normal shading. I don't know much about all that stuff. I was just teasing about the length of the video-- I enjoyed all of it! It's a whole new world to me and I find chicken behavior very fascinating and entertaining. That's so great that Chance's foot healed so quickly.
    gunchief~ That reminds me that I need to get some of my neighbor's mulch from the giant tree they unfortunately had to cut down. It's nice because it's mixed with dirt. Hopefully it's not some kind of biohazard, but it's from across the street and they never had animals. Your flock looked like they were having a good time!

[​IMG]
    Old Salt~ Your illustrative photos are very nicely done. You could make instruction manuals in your spare time. Then you could add another thing to your list of experiences. I like this photo of your shiny birds including a polite rooster who lets the ladies eat first.

6. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN

http://adorstore.com

I love it!

7. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    M2H~ Yes they were having a blast scratching around in that stuff. I didnt think they were ever going to go to the roost last night.

8. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks for sharing the grain info John, tis much appreciated.

Been following Kabhypers ups and down and it has been great. Thanks for sharing e experience with us all. Still waiting for my guys to make an appearance, should be this week.
    Momma is looking rough, she has lost all colour in her face, can not tell about weight loss yet, but I guarantee it. Probably going to pick her up some electrolytes today, see if that helps her out any. Been spoiling the girls with 'hand fed' canned veggies, neither seem interested in e chicken food.

9. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Diggin around the chickens this morning, I hear peeping......

Might be late for work darn it.... But... I don't care..... :weee

1 person likes this.
  10. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    I share your priorities!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by