1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
  2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I agree. Sometime I wonder what would make someone want to do something like that, never seem to be able to figure it out

3. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i don't see how someone could do that. Who wouldnt want to try to give them a better life? My cousin used to work with CPS.She stayed there for a few months. there were kids there were abused but not being taken out of homes and cases being ignored. She couldn'ttake it anymore and quit. She said she couldnt do a job like that when all these kids neede help and were just ignored. It is sad. She still has a job working with kids.

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

6. Did you notice that the Foster "Mom" is a supervisor with the NC Union County Department of Social Services !! and the foster/adoptive "Dad" is an emergency room nurse? !! They must be sociopaths to lead such double lives. How else could a person be a professional caregiver and go home and be a sadistic monster!

On another topic, this evening we've had loud thunder, lightening, and periods of downpours. Hope everyone stays safe during this wild weather.

7. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Lots of wind and rain last night here too. It seems to have stopped for a while so of course back to the coop work. The chicken exit stairway tunnel is absorbing so much time. A ramp would have been quicker but much steeper or really long. And a long icy ramp would not be the best for heavy birds.

Once the chicken exit is done, then we need to set up the temporary run, that is if the wind does not destroy our box shaped hoop coop.

8. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Overrun With Chickens

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Just wanted to stop in and say that I think I'm going to be gone for a week. Not sure I'll read everything to catch up [​IMG].... I can probably be reached by PM but not sure.

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    She only worked there for a few months, she just couldnt take it. After hearing some of the stories i understand why.that is a sad story too. It is nice to know that there are some people out there who actually care for them and give them better lives.

I realized that too. Im sure no one ever expected them to do such a thing.

10. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I got an egg today.
    From my HRIR hen that was the smallest chick when I got them. This egg is not small by any means

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by