INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So I have had the RK chick bug bite again! Darn bantys! Lol. Martinsville RK for the first time I have known has a bin of bantys. I grabbed all 6 with feathered shanks but they looked to have a nice variety of them. I am shooting for a few d'uccles. They also have added turkeys and ducks. They have some really dark cuties (ducks) that I almost snatched 2 of them but I just couldn't get myself to do it! ! I know nothing about ducks. They have Welsummers, Black Australorps, Ambers and I think a couple others but just can't remember.

So I have had the RK chick bug bite again! Darn bantys! Lol. Martinsville RK for the first time I have known has a bin of bantys. I grabbed all 6 with feathered shanks but they looked to have a nice variety of them. I am shooting for a few d'uccles. They also have added turkeys and ducks. They have some really dark cuties (ducks) that I almost snatched 2 of them but I just couldn't get myself to do it! ! I know nothing about ducks. They have Welsummers, Black Australorps, Ambers and I think a couple others but just can't remember.

Lol! I was just trying to post to see if anyone had been there recently! Did they have any Cornish?

So that is why when I went through the banties, there were none with feathered legs...lol. They also had Pekin and Runner ducks as well as the dark ones. BBB and BBW turkeys, White Leghorn and Cornish X chicks. I'm with you on the ducks. I want some, but just can't make the jump into waterfowl yet. I ended up bringing home 6 Cornish X and 2 BBB turkeys. I decided that if I am going to talk about the differences between my birds and the commercial birds, then I need to have experience with both. But it is also poultry math, and DSO will not be overjoyed. I am currently just going with hoping he doesn't notice them mixed in with all my other chicks.....

Also overheard that tomorrow they will be getting in Jersey Giants, Light Brahmas, and guineas. I want all three and will be avoiding the Martinsville RK like the plague.

So that is why when I went through the banties, there were none with feathered legs...lol.  They also had Pekin and Runner ducks as well as the dark ones.  BBB and BBW turkeys, White Leghorn and Cornish X chicks.  I'm with you on the ducks.  I want some, but just can't make the jump into waterfowl yet.  I ended up bringing home 6 Cornish X and 2 BBB turkeys.  I decided that if I am going to talk about the differences between my birds and the commercial birds, then I need to have experience with both.  But it is also poultry math, and DSO will not be overjoyed.  I am currently just going with hoping he doesn't notice them mixed in with all my other chicks.....

Also overheard that tomorrow they will be getting in Jersey Giants, Light Brahmas, and guineas.   I want all three and will be avoiding the Martinsville RK like the plague.

Awesome! Hopefully they will still have some Cornish left tomorrow! Were there a lot? I'm going with sneaking them in with my other chicks and moving everyone outside ;) unless DH has to feed for some reason he'll never notice! Actually he probably wouldn't notice them in the house either but my heat plates finally came and I much prefer the mess outside!!

Awesome! Hopefully they will still have some Cornish left tomorrow! Were there a lot? I'm going with sneaking them in with my other chicks and moving everyone outside
wink.png
unless DH has to feed for some reason he'll never notice! Actually he probably wouldn't notice them in the house either but my heat plates finally came and I much prefer the mess outside!!
There were probably 50. But you never know with CX. I've seen people walk in and buy the whole lot. Hopefully there will be some still there when you arrive.

That would work out well, because they would be ready for processing the same time mine are.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom