INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hey guys, I'm looking for an avian vet in north east Indiana. One of my ducks had a toe amputated by a snapping turtle last summer, and though I thought it healed correctly, there's some odd stuff going on with it now. Could someone point me in the right direction? My own search has turned up with nothing.
http://www.allenvethospital.com/ This is a vet in fort wayne. They are very nice. They have an avian vet.

She doesn't have a choice right now, she's in the little red barn. Thanks, I like taking pics of them. We will have to get some you your flock sometime. I just texted your dw about the lice powder. There are a lot of things on here you can use. Just be careful with the dust with chicks and ducklings. It can suffocate them. I don't use dust on my ducks at all since they swim in the drinking water sometimes. If you want to sell anymore of the marans, I'll buy a couple more off of you. :) They are beautiful!
You sure can. Like you know we were expecting to have at least two more of them gone so that would put us right where we wanted to begin with. I do like them, but I also have some hatching so you are more than welcome to pick two more out! Does DH know about this yet lol??!! There eggs are amazing to look at and eat.

Last edited:
Hey! I just went out to check on the birds and one of my roosters was lying on his side. I know we have had this discussion before but searching the thread yielded far too many results and it wasn't in the first few pages. He seems perky and alert but wobbly and keeping his feet mostly clenched. I know liver was one of the recommendations to give him, I separated him with some canned dog food with liver (for now until I can escape the house to find some real liver) and water. He is eating his dog food like a pig. I am hoping it is either a bit of heat stroke or a vitamin deficiency. Is there anything else that I might have in the house that might help until I can get some liver? I think I have some save a chick vitamins. Is that worth putting in his water?

You sure can. Like you know we were expecting to have at least two more of them gone so that would put us right where we wanted to begin with. I do like them, but I also have some hatching so you are more than welcome to pick two more out! Does DH know about this yet lol??!! There eggs are amazing to look at and eat.
DH suggested it, can you believe that! He likes them. LOL I will take two more if you really don't mind. :)

Well the ee and silkie chicks got moved out into an old rabbit hutch I sold my barred rock chicks and put 30 some turken polished bantam and unknown eggs in incubator first time incubating bought an incubator the other day and have had it plugged in and am going to hope for at least a 50% hatch going for dry incubation until lock down

This is the inside of my coop, the Henitentiary. 12 feet by 12 feet on the floor, to give you the scale. You'll have noticed the two pine-branch roosts, left corner and right side. The left is three feet long, the right is six. The pole on the back wall between them is a five foot closet hanger pole. That adds up to about FOUR MILES of roost space. So where do they sleep? The top two rungs of the ladder. All of them, except Elsa, who's nine feet up on a shelf you can't see in this shot.

Goofy birds.

ETA It takes four bales of pine shavings to almost cover the floor of the Henitentiary. So if anyone knows of a cheaper litter, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
My babies are a week old today! :D I didn't get around to doing anything special, but they got lots of attention and play time!

Elda the Silver Gray Dorking:

Elda loves her cuddles :love

Here's how she reacts when I take my hand away:

Kit-kit, also a SGD:

This face!! :love

The Dorkings just love their attention (though Elda, in the back, is less than enthusiastic about sharing!)

Georgie the Black Copper Marans--not many pictures of her because she was busy trying to dust bathe without dust! :lol:

Louise, the other BCM:

Louise is the smart one of the brood, that's for sure! 'Aw, shucks...'

Mabel the Welsummer, who is clearly not a lap sitter...

...but has such the sweetest expressions when she's on the ground! She's not shy or anything, she just prefers not to be in my lap. :)

Hi guys
frow.gif
Wanted to hop on and say hello.. And WELCOME to any new thread members, please feel at home and just jump right in!
Hope everyone and their families are well, and your babies no matter what species or breed are flourishing.
Crazy busy getting my garden in, late but I think it will still be productive. Lot of the farmers are just getting crops in.
Have called campground owner a couple times today. Hoping he gets back to me to set our date for the get together.
Normally, we camp memorial weekend for the last 15 years. This year it was just not possible, so I couldn't speak with Dave in person.
Parents are still having some health issues. Last few weeks have been difficult, but seems to be improving for both of them finally.
Going to do some catching up, please pm me if I miss a question directed to me.

I have goslings.. LOTS of them available, African and Embden, lots of pekin ducklings.
I am very reasonable and will be much less than the farm store or hatchery prices. PM if interested.
My OEGB are laying well, Red Pyle and Wheaten chicks available. may have pairs or trios available later this summer also.
I may have polish available soon, my girls are finally laying! Getting a lot of buff laced chicks.
My oldest silkie hen gave me her first 3 fertile eggs. The chicks are an obvious Australorp and Silkie cross, 5 toes and feathered feet!
I caught the roo in the bantam pen.. he hopped the 6 foot fence, 1 day and gees
lau.gif
goooo Bruce! Should be an interesting mix.

Hi everyone I'm new here from Parke county Indiana I am also pretty new to owning chickens I do raise some rabbits and mainly search for deals on chickens for other people although I am establishing my own flock I currently have two adult hens and two roosters along with a brooder in operation with 16 ee chicks and 2 silkie chicks the picture is of my rooster bandit he is a cuckoo mar an and that's where he roost and sleeps when the weather is appropriate thanks let me know if you are close I am always in need of good healthy laying hens or point of lay pullets or any birds or rabbits for that matter
welcome-byc.gif
and our thread
frow.gif
I bet you can find a few here. Check out our member list at the bottom of my post, you may have a few members close.

Back
Top Bottom