INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

To bwindell: In her post regarding guineas, jchny2000 affirmed that her guineas kept predators away, so you just need to train them to run those nuisance neighbor dogs off your property! Just add guinea training to your daily list of "To Do's." haha

To livevintage: Welcome, and thanks for the tips about posting the Lavender Alert!

To others who asked about posting the Stolen Lavender Chickens info on FB--- the small jpg of the poster is just like a photo, so if anyone wants to show the pictures, just upload it like a photo. The family emailed again saying that they were so grateful for the overwhelming support of the BYC community. I had told them (Angie and James) of the post about the stolen incubators, which to me, also sound like the crooks were looking for specific items. I think that because of the interest in rural farm "antique picking" as well as the increasing popularity of owning chickens and small farms, it seems likely that the demand of farm related goods will motivate even more greedy, heartless people to steal. That's why I want to establish a more efficient system of communication by having a comprehensive resource of contacts by alerting various businesses and organizations to be on the look out for stolen goods. I can start working on that this Friday.

you guys.... I have the chance to do some trading for peafowl. Just found out... Anyone have them, opinions, comments? These will be eggs, hatch at home. I can pick them up myself, DH has a buddy from high school that is heavy into OEG, and wants some of my turkeys when they get here.

I have never owned peafowl, however i am jealous! I have read that the chicks are not very hardy but will bond to you and look at you as the mom.

you guys.... I have the chance to do some trading for peafowl. Just found out... Anyone have them, opinions, comments? These will be eggs, hatch at home. I can pick them up myself, DH has a buddy from high school that is heavy into OEG, and wants some of my turkeys when they get here.

I would love to have some peafowl. I have never had any tho. DW has had them when she was a kid and said they are very noisy. But are very neat to watch showing off.

Quote:
Brad, I will keep you posted.. If I have good luck I can put you in touch with him. Trying to get him to join us here, he has been in poultry like 40 years! He prefers bantam breeds from what I am hearing from hubby.
To bwindell: In her post regarding guineas, jchny2000 affirmed that her guineas kept predators away, so you just need to train them to run those nuisance neighbor dogs off your property! Just add guinea training to your daily list of "To Do's." haha

To livevintage: Welcome, and thanks for the tips about posting the Lavender Alert!

To others who asked about posting the Stolen Lavender Chickens info on FB--- the small jpg of the poster is just like a photo, so if anyone wants to show the pictures, just upload it like a photo. The family emailed again saying that they were so grateful for the overwhelming support of the BYC community. I had told them (Angie and James) of the post about the stolen incubators, which to me, also sound like the crooks were looking for specific items. I think that because of the interest in rural farm "antique picking" as well as the increasing popularity of owning chickens and small farms, it seems likely that the demand of farm related goods will motivate even more greedy, heartless people to steal. That's why I want to establish a more efficient system of communication by having a comprehensive resource of contacts by alerting various businesses and organizations to be on the look out for stolen goods. I can start working on that this Friday.
Sounds awesome M2H! we can all brainstorm and get it put together
highfive.gif

Awww! What a pretty, gentle dog and cute babies! I like having different chicken breeds like you show in your photo albums, but I keep telling myself that five is my limit. You have your hands full with so many pets! Cute pictures.

TODAY IS HATCH DAY!!!! woke up to fie out of 33 eggs hatched and lots of pips. keep your fingers crossed from me. luckily for me I am at work and won't be plagued with looking at the incubator every ten seconds.

Back
Top Bottom