INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Here is a little Muscovy that the mamma kicked out??

Now it's in the house and doing really good. A little lonely (the sock helps) but eating and drinking good! We really like the scovy ducks!!

Thanks guys. I'm good with pretty much any tool. Grew up playing in a shop where my grandpa made fenders (farm I now own) so spot welding at 6 and using the ban saw at 8 lol. Excited to get this started! One more day til vacation.

2 of our IaB's from our mid-june hatch:

Interesting birds, really like their colors!
Quote: Are they nubian? I have Bo, my buck but he is oberhasli. I think there are a few other members that may have a nubian buck
wink.png

ETA: Breed isn't really that important unless you intend to keep purebred, papered and registered stock. My guys are not papered, and I don't ask a lot for the kids. I would be very proud to own registered goats! I have also learned a mixed breed goat is usually hardy, just like any other animal. I guess its just what an individual plans for their own herd. We are just looking at our own "herd" for personal use.. Milk and pets.
I kid in the fall also, so I don't have the fear of a chilled kid as much. I still prepare for a lamp, but August has went very well for us for kidding. Sugar may be late, I dont think the first breeding took, but suspect she is pregnant now
fl.gif
I did a 2nd breeding Late in april to be sure. Still waiting on Ms Sophie my basketball goat LOL! Milk is fully in. she is still playing with Sugar, and being a normal goat.

Yes these are nubian but the one or pair I get from you, of course won't be. I was going to see if you were willing to offer stud service for a fee of course.
I've been thinking with all of the posts about auctions that maybe I could buy an older nubian buck and breed him for one season before making goat tacos. We have a processing place not too far from us that will process goats. And for ground meat old age is not too much of a factor. The hard part would be finding a good buck. These nubians are from show stock so as long as I maintain that I think I could get more money for the kids. I know they cost me more. But there is a lot of paperwork I need to look at too. I need to join a group but not till Sept 2nd because the dues pays for calendar year membership and paying Sept 2nd pays for just over a year but paying today pays for less than half a year. Once I get in the group i hope tp get more information about breeders offering stud service. There is a bio risk so not everyone offers it.
I would, we can PM when the time comes. You know me, I barter stuff as much as I can
wink.png

DH and I spent most of the day on the road to visit family and pick up a few Black/Lav Split English Orpington hatching eggs while we were on the road. The larger of this breeder's two black English roos was THE largest chicken I have seen anywhere in my life, and in just beautiful condition, too. He would not fit in an Indiana State Fair cage standing up, absolutely no way. Here's hoping for a decent hatch that isn't mostly roos (though I'd definitely be happy with one like either of the daddies).

Back
Top Bottom