INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I have a light in only half of my coop and it points down so there is just a little light. The other half of the coop is dark. Some of my hens sleep in the nest boxes as well for heat and darkness.

I had a light in the coop a few nights last week. I was really worried about the muscovies, they acted "numb" almost. So i put a brooder lamp in there, we got down to about 8 degrees. Looked over all of them and they seem fine. my guineas are not liking the cold either. Quasey, my smallest hen usually is the first on my lap. she won't even leave the coop right now. I go in and give them mealies first, just to get the proteins boosted. Scovies wont eat the mealies so i soak peas for them. Using a lot more cracked corn too, just to get them warm.

the website is :
http://www.mthealthy.com/
Check out the specials.. the 200 chick deal is really tempting! $0.25 a chick, cannot beat that!
I ran across them a few months ago. This was my first order with them, was very pleased with how the birds were packed and shipped. Sent 1 extra, I ordered 15 pullets. the babies are very lively and healthy. I plan to try Meyer next, will probably get my mini whites there, & blue slates too. I don't mind the minimum 15 order, We can sell or eat the birds we don't want. (that sounds awful lol) For the BB whites, It would be nice to just go to the farm store tho.
Spring planning.. Does anyone sell, or recommend someone that has Nigerian dwarf goats? Like to find 2 does. I may go full size milk goat too, just depends on whats out there. I have had goats several times in the past, but these are the first milk goats for me.

I have a Doe who is a wonderful milker I might sell. She is very friendly with people but pushy with other goats and dogs. There is also a lady up the road from me who has a large herd of ND. Who almost always has some for sale.

I have a Doe who is a wonderful milker I might sell. She is very friendly with people but pushy with other goats and dogs. There is also a lady up the road from me who has a large herd of ND. Who almost always has some for sale.

I am very interested! Please, PM me. I plan to add in feb/march latest. I won't be showing. these are for family use only and will be spoiled and well cared for
big_smile.png
I love my goats, and spoil em rotten.

shelter, food and water. There is supplements for goats as well. Im sure she can tell you more about it. I have a few goats but not for milk. Sorry i know im not jchny.

LOL no worries cluckacres, We all have experiences with different animals, and it doesn't hurt to share it
big_smile.png
I think fencing is vitally important, not just to keep the goats in, but keeping other things away from them.
Stray dogs are the worst predator out there.. I lost a bottle baby several years ago to 2 dogs,These dogs pulled my baby right through the gatepost and killed him.
then they went after my Dad! He pelted them with rocks and drove them off. He had went out to get his sunday paper in shorts and slippers.
I not only keep a rifle with me now at all times, but bought Dad one too.
I have since learned to teach all my animals to be afraid of dogs. Someday, I hope to get a LGD and not have to worry as much.

Hello everyone. I'm in paragon. We don't have any chickens or ducks. Still in the planning stage. Supposedly there is an ordinance against chickens here, but both neighbors on both sides of me have chickens. We already have bees and have been really enjoying them.

Jason

LOL no worries cluckacres, We all have experiences with different animals, and it doesn't hurt to share it
big_smile.png
I think fencing is vitally important, not just to keep the goats in, but keeping other things away from them.
Stray dogs are the worst predator out there.. I lost a bottle baby several years ago to 2 dogs,These dogs pulled my baby right through the gatepost and killed him.
then they went after my Dad! He pelted them with rocks and drove them off. He had went out to get his sunday paper in shorts and slippers.
I not only keep a rifle with me now at all times, but bought Dad one too.
I have since learned to teach all my animals to be afraid of dogs. Someday, I hope to get a LGD and not have to worry as much.

I know a guy that had 7 goats killed in one night by one single dog. It jumped the electric fence and got into the barn. I guess it wasnt a pretty site when he went to check on them the next morning. He is down to 2 goats now and is afraid to get more.

Back
Top Bottom