INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I agree thank you for the info. I would love to learn all i can.
big_smile.png
I have a lot of predators though. not just hawks, coyote, bobcat, ect... they roam the day too.

@ellymayRans I will defiantly let you know when they start laying! I did take the chukoo egg but unfortunately it was one of the ones mama smashed :(

Hey fellow hoosiers!

[COLOR=333333]I'm trying to help my next door neighbor. She is looking for 5 or 6 layers to replace the few recently lost to a predator. Does anyone in the north central area be willing or able to sell a few girls right now?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thank you for your help.[/COLOR]

I have some BSL and RIR we were going to process this weekend just because I have to many birds and no one has been interested in buying them. Let me know if she's interested! I'm in danville on the west side but travel to the north side frequently so I'd be happy to meet somewhere.

:love love the color of the lil cutie! I really miss having a cat.

Honestly, I really think there is only 1 rooster in your 1st photos of the "boys"!! WTG @browncow15
that's a nice group.

Fantastic news! What antibiotic did you use for them?

:) you made my day! After hatching twice as many roos as I did pullets thus spring I was hoping these would mostly be girls!!

my Dh claims the doors and windows are the hardest parts. Then he starts telling me how easy the roof is. We use plastic roofing.
doors are getting worked on tonight and tom morning and the roof will be plastic until after winter....check out the thread...see how you like it...im also building an incubator....step by step so come and watch....there is alot to talk about

I'm having issues with my splash silkie. He is 6 months old. I have never seen anything like this. He eats but mostly picks at food. He eats sand and grit like it's cracked corn, loves the stuff. He is under size for his age. He drinks water and grooms himself, but feels thin. I have been feeding him oatmeal with fruit and veggies and probiotics plus his crumbles. For those who aren't familiar with his situation it started about 2 weeks ago I guess. Watery green and yellow stool and lethargy. Just laid around a lot, and other than weight loss, those were the only symptoms. So I started him on corid. He was on it for 5 days and perked up some. Then I got my sulfadimethoxine (sp) and treated him for 3 days with that. He got better. Although he had teeny poops like baby poops, but they were normal. So on the nicest day we had when it got up to around 60 degrees, I put him back in the coop. The next day he was laying down again. So I brought him back in. I didnt retreat with any meds, just figured he was out of wack in his guts still so I started poultry drench and probiotics with the oatmeal and veggies. Well today he is laying around again and his poop is bright crayola yellow and dark green and soft. GRRRRR what is the deal with this guy. Any off the wall ideas would be great. I really don't want to medicate him for the wrong thing and I don't have a local way to do a fecal on him. His craving sand thing is super weird. Sorry for the long winded post. Oh yeah I did worm him today with valbazen since its been over a week since the coccid treatment. Could this be E Coli?

Just stopping in to say that I'm going to be away from the forum for awhile at least. If anyone wants to reach me, please send a pm :D
Hope everythings OK
hugs.gif

13 days till the daylight hours start expanding!
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
yesss.gif
goodpost.gif
ya.gif
Did I mention I HATE winter
lau.gif

I'm having issues with my splash silkie. He is 6 months old. I have never seen anything like this. He eats but mostly picks at food. He eats sand and grit like it's cracked corn, loves the stuff. He is under size for his age. He drinks water and grooms himself, but feels thin. I have been feeding him oatmeal with fruit and veggies and probiotics plus his crumbles. For those who aren't familiar with his situation it started about 2 weeks ago I guess. Watery green and yellow stool and lethargy. Just laid around a lot, and other than weight loss, those were the only symptoms. So I started him on corid. He was on it for 5 days and perked up some. Then I got my sulfadimethoxine (sp) and treated him for 3 days with that. He got better. Although he had teeny poops like baby poops, but they were normal. So on the nicest day we had when it got up to around 60 degrees, I put him back in the coop. The next day he was laying down again. So I brought him back in. I didnt retreat with any meds, just figured he was out of wack in his guts still so I started poultry drench and probiotics with the oatmeal and veggies. Well today he is laying around again and his poop is bright crayola yellow and dark green and soft. GRRRRR what is the deal with this guy. Any off the wall ideas would be great. I really don't want to medicate him for the wrong thing and I don't have a local way to do a fecal on him. His craving sand thing is super weird. Sorry for the long winded post. Oh yeah I did worm him today with valbazen since its been over a week since the coccid treatment. Could this be E Coli?
I would say do whatever you can to get protein into him, even chick feed. With the treatments he has had, I would rebuild his probotics and get him on vitamins and electrolytes at least a week, more if need be. He needs the protein to regain weight and strength. I know there are stool samples for E coli but thats a vet thing too.

Not much happening here, working feverishly after dark on the barn almost every night. Starting to make a dent in it! Forgot what a nice concrete floor is in there. My piglet is still weak, and am not sure everything we did is going to help her. Lots of extra cooked eggs for protein, keeping her food very wet like pudding for easier digestion, and have my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom