INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I promised @ellymayRans these a while ago. The baby is finally taking a good nap so I ran outside for a minute. Not the greatest but phone is all I've got.

Here's eggs from yesterday and today. The blue one is one of my CCLs I think. The olive ones are accidentally from my flock last year.
9779e907ef7678d83fb40a215b4b23b1.jpg

Here's the pretty blue I got from my broody hatch.
b9743e0bd47350a10376d8e7f0ca4f90.jpg

This girl that's much smaller than the others. Could she be a banty cross?
c34d0a00b0e3d254362cc7c476f2ba1a.jpg

The roo I decided to keep.
8c95dfee5bb25a29641a2b537e601a70.jpg

Then there's these.
325452576d56046be9941cbdfc7fb2a5.jpg

03041089fd59da3ec30f9dcfcb0b0521.jpg

The one looks kind of rooish now that I look at them but I've never heard it crow or seen it jump one of the other girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow I can comment on each picture! All lovely birds! The eggs are just so gorgeous. I work hard to have color to offer for egg customers. Your blue EE looks identical to mine, she is very timid but just so pretty. Dads a BA, mom is a blue wheaton AM. I will have to get a pic! Look at your last one you think is roo. Does it have pointed saddle feathers... beta roos will not crow, they dont want the alpha roo angry at them.

Does anyone have experience in sexing peafowl? This white peacock (or maybe hen) is over a year old and hangs out with our silkies. It is the strangest thing. There are other peacocks on the farm, but she doesn't seem to want anything to do with them. The silkies have adopted her and they sleep in the traditional silkie pile every night. Since she has been with them the past few months I thought it would be good to give him/her a name but would like to know his/her sex first.

@bradselig , your chicks are all grown up! I heard one crow for the first time this morning.
big_smile.png
We have 4 cockerels and decided to keep the splash and buff/mix color ones. There's a black and a splash with red leakage that will be re-homed.

It looks hen to me, fingers crossed!
Quote: LOL I will check muncie and New Castle this weekend. Looking for cornish cross.

Just received an email about this years NPIP testing classes! I'm really thinking about doing this!
I want to. Just cant get away long enough to do it.

Snapped a few pics of the buff barred bantam cochins. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

This one is feisty! Already chest bumping my hand when I reach into the brooder! But honestly probably my favorite so far.

The slowest to feather out, maybe a cockerel?

And got an updated picture of the cockerel coming to me from Cali!
This rooster is just gorgeous, what a fantastic find!

That's an understatement! And we got a few more inches today, too. Ugh!
barnie.gif
I ought to get the camera out again. The path I shoveled through the chicken yard is almost comical with as much snow as is piled straight up on both sides!
love.gif
I just love bantam Cochins! Good luck with your search!
love.gif

I'm thinking based on their appearance and your description of their personalities that they are White Plymouth Rocks. They sound sweet!
smile.png

I just looked them up... I would say those are my girls...
love.gif
I have a new fav I think they are supper sweet. Thanks. and it says they lay brown eggs too.

Snapped a few pics of the buff barred bantam cochins. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

This one is feisty! Already chest bumping my hand when I reach into the brooder! But honestly probably my favorite so far.

The slowest to feather out, maybe a cockerel?

And got an updated picture of the cockerel coming to me from Cali!
Chicks are so cute, I love love love that Rooster beautiful !!

I promised @ellymayRans these a while ago. The baby is finally taking a good nap so I ran outside for a minute. Not the greatest but phone is all I've got.

Here's eggs from yesterday and today. The blue one is one of my CCLs I think. The olive ones are accidentally from my flock last year.
9779e907ef7678d83fb40a215b4b23b1.jpg

Here's the pretty blue I got from my broody hatch.
b9743e0bd47350a10376d8e7f0ca4f90.jpg

This girl that's much smaller than the others. Could she be a banty cross?
c34d0a00b0e3d254362cc7c476f2ba1a.jpg

The roo I decided to keep.
8c95dfee5bb25a29641a2b537e601a70.jpg

Then there's these.
325452576d56046be9941cbdfc7fb2a5.jpg

03041089fd59da3ec30f9dcfcb0b0521.jpg

The one looks kind of rooish now that I look at them but I've never heard it crow or seen it jump one of the other girls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your blue is Beautiful we used to have a Blue OP, we think. I miss her she was sweet.

The Fort Wayne Rural King has chicks. Cornish cross straight run and sexed pullet Easter-eggers (labeled as Araucanas), production reds (labeled as Rhode Island reds), and Silver laced Wyandottes (labeled as black laced Wyandottes). Yeah, they need to get their signs in order.
roll.png
black laced wyandottes.... nice lol. We got some BJG last year from RK and 2 of them turned out to be BA's but that was ok, I like BA's they are nice and good layers so we wernt too disappointed. Before last year I didn't know an Op from an EE, So last year when ever I would go into a farm store and see the mis-lables I would just shake my head and laugh to myslef...
idunno.gif
oh well. And I especially like it when a young-in would try to tell me the EE's wernt EE's at all but aruacanas ( I think I spelled that wrong but u get it I'm sure ) would crack me up.

Had a "gasp" moment this afternoon.
Imagine the horror I felt when I saw one of my embden hens with this stuck on her bill!

I always share "bad stuff" and this was upsetting for us.
somad.gif
Someone was kind enough to toss this out in the yard by the barn somewhere. Well, she found it! She has a cut on either side of her bottom bill from this can. Cuts on either side of her tongue too.
rant.gif
Makes you realize how many wild ducks and geese probably die from negligence like this every year! She was very frightened, but we got it off, checked her over and let her go. Not much I can do to treat her since they dunk so frequently. Medicine will wash right off. Will be watching her close the next week.
Thats not good, hope she heals fast. Poor baby
hugs.gif

Your blue looks just like her momma. The small one is stumping me but could be from our bantam Cochin but he's the only bantam I would have had besides a silkie. The two with muffs and pea comb would be from the Black AM roo. The second of those two definitely looks roo to me. The roo you noted keeping doesn't look like any of my BCM. I say that because he has no shank feathers and way too much leakage in the breast. I know it was a gamble when you wanted them because no one was separated really. I'm betting that roo is RIR/BCM. But he is pretty and looks big. My RIRs have been big nice Roos. Anxious to see your blues egg and your Olive Eggers egg. Nice though looks like you have a pair there. You'll definitely want to hit me up this spring for pure BCMs.

I forgot you had a RIR roo. I bet that is what my big roo is crossed with, he does look very similar to my RIR now that I look at them. I'll post pics of eggs when the girls start laying.

I'm hoping to start hatching in March but I've got to get some birds separated too ;)

wow I can comment on each picture! All lovely birds!  The eggs are just so gorgeous. I work hard to have color to offer for egg customers. Your blue EE looks identical to mine, she is very timid but just so pretty. Dads a BA, mom is a blue wheaton AM. I will have to get a pic! Look at your last one you think is roo. Does it have pointed saddle feathers... beta roos will not crow, they dont want the alpha roo angry at them.

Yes get a pic of your blue, I'd love to see her! The bird in question is defiantly a roo. I pulled him off the roost last night to inspect, saddle feathers :( can't believe I missed that!

Your blue is Beautiful we used to have a Blue OP, we think. I miss her she was sweet.

Thanks! She's defiantly one of my favorites!

I forgot you had a RIR roo. I bet that is what my big roo is crossed with, he does look very similar to my RIR now that I look at them. I'll post pics of eggs when the girls start laying.

I'm hoping to start hatching in March but I've got to get some birds separated too ;)
Yes get a pic of your blue, I'd love to see her! The bird in question is defiantly a roo. I pulled him off the roost last night to inspect, saddle feathers :( can't believe I missed that!
Thanks! She's defiantly one of my favorites!

Here's the Blue Marans, momma to your Blue Marans. She's a little overmelanized and I had hoped crossing her to my Black Copper would add copper to her but her offspring have still no copper! Blah! I'll keep trying!

She's the producer of my largest eggs!

This is a pullet I have from her and see no copper but yours definitely got better lacing than mine got. I also caught her laying another egg today and confirmed my thinking, check out the change from her first two eggs and last two eggs! Beautiful!

Nice size for pullet eggs! ;)

@ellymayRans she does look like her Momma! How old is your pullet? Those are nice size eggs! I'm really excited to see what my girl lays now!!

Back
Top Bottom