INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I have always been very pleased with Orschelns! I buy most of my feed there as well. They have great a great selection of chicks in the spring as well.

I have always been very pleased with them as well. I have a local feed place in manchester but I am willing to drive the extra distance to go to Orschelns! They have very good quality of feed and products.

This is your Greenfield

Orscheln Farm & Home

Greenfield #107

1875 East Main Street
Greenfield, IN 46140
317-462-9339
Store Contact:
Karen Ratliff
Store Hours:
M-SAT 8-8 SUN 10-6

Yep! we sure do, gonna go out there tomorrow. Sweet!

Dont be alarm by the color of the eggs brad. With the Marans egg color goes by their cycle. When she starts a new cycle of eggs the color will be dark brown and at the end of the cycle they get lighter. As you may already know chickens have cycles just like woman pretty much do. LOL

I know the color does lighten, but I didn't think they would get that light. Ill probably still get 1/2 dozen eggs or so as I'd still like to get more brown layers anyways.

Cluckacres~ when I lived around there we used a family owned mill...Oldfather Grain. It was nice b/c we could get the organic non-"messed with" grains. They would mix whatever you wanted into it. Very nice people too.

I know the color does lighten, but I didn't think they would get that light. Ill probably still get 1/2 dozen eggs or so as I'd still like to get more brown layers anyways.

Hi bradselig! We have Black Copper Marans that are laying pretty dark eggs -- definitely a 4 on the scale, and some are 5. I'm not sure how close to you we are. I just set them all up in the breeding pen this week, and will start having eggs in a few weeks if you're interested.

We'll also start hatching chicks towards the end of February.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom