INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Busy day here. not only did we get the grocery shopping done for the week, but all 6 goats got their hooves trimmed. Still no little kids yet. I though the due date was 12/20 but its looking like the doe might have lost the kids early on in her pregnancy. I'm hoping not but that would be the most logical explanation for why she wanted to mate so badly in July and has not had any noticeable heats since then.
Awesome! Sorry to hear the kids may have been lost. Sugars breeding didn't take either so will be putting her in with Bo again. Sophie is definitely expecting!

Well, I am officially a proud owner of 3 American buff geese! I am pretty sure they are a trio, but the youngest is under a year. Our neighbors were having issues with them being unmanangeable.. I can handle that! They have been sleeping with my waterfowl flock at night, so I knew something was wrong. I talked to the son, and let his mom know they are welcome here if she doesn't want them anymore.

In Florida for the weekend and to pick up rare breeds (not for me but Hoosiers and members) it's so warm here it's so nice if anyone wants a last minute order let me know

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you finally got those geese. And we got most of the breeds we were wanting too lol. Now we just need the meat birds! That will save a lot of money lol@jchny2000

Well I'm up and my leg feels freezing cold...I assume that's my back cause it also hurts. Sad but glad processing ended up canceled lol. I'll come during the week if that's OK with you? Big Bertha definitely needs to go she's having trouble walking.

The ground is finally dry...so I can put out some straw. But not today because today I hurt. But @Indyshent very graciously offered to help me :D I feel lucky! Maybe I can get her to take some of my pretty mutts too.

Kind of interested to see how some of these guys will turn out. The only 2 I got from my Marans mix that I so sadly lost are BOTH boys I think. One has copper leakage on the shoulders and the other red. Sigh. I really wanted one of her daughters her eggs were my favorite. I'm so incredibly bummed she's gone :(((((((((((( gah. I do think I got some pretty good girls though I wonder what they'll end up laying.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day.

Seller on craigslist was a super nice lady (also a peace officer)!
celebrate.gif
I hate going to meet people on craigslist without other people in my car, but no one was up in time to leave with me.

Her birds are all in super great condition. Almost all of them are Marans or mixes and most are 2-3 years old (though she has some babies!). I told her that if she couldn't find homes for one by the end of the week to go ahead and email me because I'd really like a dark brown laying breed to cross over my Wellie and EEs. The green eggs have been the underdog favorite for the people who get eggs from me, so I'm eager to get some more green layers. I only have one green layer.

New Brahma boy is prettydarn big. He dwarfed the other roos in her yard, but he's proven no match for Wun Wun, who's decided he's top cock of the walk in Mag's absence. The BLRW roo is going to be his biggest competition from the looks of things, but he's a jerk, so I'm hoping he steps on Wun Wun's toes and gets plastered back into place. Wun Wun's a fine roo; chickrookie's going to be very happy with him (or I'll gleefully take him back!)

Although we are downsizing duck breeds I will always keep geese. They are alarms, watching over my flocks of several species. Aside from color our breeds alert and attack aerial predators. I much rather rehome any of the ducks I keep than to put them in the freezer. Still have a few swedish hen, 1 cayuga hen and 3 rouen hen up for sale.

I did not know that geese would attack aerial predators! Do you have much of a problem with any of your geese turning mean on you? I didn't have any interest in them, but you have me rethinking things.

Would love that ducksghetti recipe!

I said that I wouldn't be raising chicks in the middle of winter this year and am eating my words. I have 16 Ohiki chicks that are a week old. When my bbr hen that was in with Charlemagne started laying last month, I couldn't help myself.

Happy New Year to everyone!

I did not know that geese would attack aerial predators! Do you have much of a problem with any of your geese turning mean on you? I didn't have any interest in them, but you have me rethinking things.

Would love that ducksghetti recipe!

I said that I wouldn't be raising chicks in the middle of winter this year and am eating my words. I have 16 Ohiki chicks that are a week old. When my bbr hen that was in with Charlemagne started laying last month, I couldn't help myself.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Awe those are precious!

Sorry I keep sharing my parrots I don't have any birds this winter. I cleaned house to start over this summer!

Yes, that antigen is very expensive. Ironically I am a tester but have never certified my flock. I test my birds and new birds regularly and know they are clean, so I have never worried about it lol.

Same here, but I think that I have allowed my testing certification to expire. Don't know whether they'll still let me recertify online.

Back
Top Bottom