INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Anyone around Martinsville got fertile eggs for sale looking to do Easter hatch and I have nothing I want to breed out of my own flock. Would like black silkies but would take anything that doesn't lay white eggs or breed I can buy from RK or TS. Please send message

[COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] I went out to try and measure him, but he wasn't entirely cooperative and didn't want to stand up straight because there was food on the ground and ladies to show it to. The top of his tail was about 25in from the ground. Slouchily regarding me, his head was about that high of the ground too, but his more alert stance would probably put him over 27in. He towers over everything in the yard but the turkey.
Wow! Look at the girth of his legs! I bet he's got power. Has he ever tried to spur you? It would be a massacre! Very handsome guy

That is an exceedingly handsome bird.

Why thank-you! He's @chickrookie 's whenever she's well enough to take him (if she still wants him, given all the respiratory issues that have been going on). He's hatchery from RK last spring. This is an old photo (taken in November), but he's only gotten better looking, imho.
Wow! Look at the girth of his legs! I bet he's got power. Has he ever tried to spur you? It would be a massacre! Very handsome guy
No, he's never tried to spur me. I'd eat him (and any other bird that would try); I have small children roaming the yard and just can't risk a vicious animal. Nope, this gentle giant got disciplined like every other boy that ever took affront to me manhandling him. He was a late bloomer on the manliness scale, but he's more than made up for it, I think. Yes, he's a big handsome boy, and I love him bunches. He's not the cuddliest fellow I've ever had, but he's easily picked up and handled--even by children-- Affection just isn't something he seeks out (though treats are another matter entirely. He'll be your buddy for treats).

He pretty well owns the yard, and all the other boys have to get their business on edgewise, though it's funny, because he was always the awkward brother with our old alpha (Mag the Mighty, another earlier blooming but smaller Dark Brahma), so Mag got game and was the alpha boy and kept him from getting any--but he would always back his brother up if another rooster started something with Mag. Endearing and hilarious to me. Yard's been weird without Mag, and poor Wun Wun doesn't have a henchman (but he does have a yard full of competitors). Since the dog killed Mag, Wun Wun's been far more vigilant about warning the ladies. I think he's starting to calm down a little, which is good.

@jchny2000
Do you have blue sumatras?
I have blue and black hens, and a blue and splash roo. Lovely birds! I really like the breed. With very little effort the roosters are lap tame.

Quote: SOOOO excited for you! Hope you find a secluded place to yell, holler and enjoy some peace of mind too. Keep the animals you choose too, and privacy from difficult folks. I am very grateful for good neighbors sharing a common interest.
Good question! If there is no breaks in the "shell" may be ok but I worry so much about bacteria. Mine all go to my pigs if shells are poked, soft or cracked. specially with Momma DS right now, want to keep her proteins up! She is getting all but 2 dozen a week that are not meant for hatching. Have to keep some for us!

Well my lone oops hatch just had to have some broodmates so i snatched up 6 Speckled Sussex from the local RK today..lol!

Also grabbed the Bin auction for Mille Fluer cochins eggs! Will be hatching in participation of the EHAL. Since hatching the 2 boys last spring i realize just how difficult they are to come by. Here's to hoping for some lovely ladies!!

Day 26 of 35 for my Scovys! ! 10 eggs left! Anticipation is killing me! ;)

Happy March 1st everyone!

Looking for fertile egg trade. We will be incubating soon and need some more diversity, any color and size is okay. Need at least thirty minutes away from North Vernon, Indiana. Not sure how many to trade for, no more than a couple dozen i suppose. I have bantams large fowl olive eggers and some polish so i believe it will be a good trade. I have 3 feathered footed roosters and i cochin and 1 cochin mix and another olive egger mix. I keep my polish sepparated in a different coop. We have 7 feather footed hens one white cochin and 4 brahmas and 2 wyondotte brahma mixes. We have reds and blacks one buff too. We are just looking for unrelated eggs that are fetile. We like to do this every year. Hop we can trade :).
I will have a new line of OE from AM roos, Maran hens this year, first generation.

Quote: Mr July is stunning, he needs a few ladies! We will have to hook you up, next time we get together.

Hey everyone.
I don't post much but this Fri. I should have a hatch of Jersey Giants pipping! Just a little jazzed up lol. I already have 7 and hatching 20.
I'm in Auburn so if your ever this way gimme a shout.
If anyone might be interested in a giant let me know.
Great to see you!

we will be doing our first big hatch of 2016 - setting eggs saturday to be due by Easter. IowaBlue, Chantecler, EEs, & Bielefelders.
msg me if anyone wants dibs on the chicks .
Also am looking for a houdan chick/pullet - maybe could trade after the easter hatch-a-long if anyone has one to trade for.
Still hoping for a chickenfest.. I will be ISO a beilie rooster again.. going to try one more time.

Friendly pot belly pig for sale, 3 years old, has one half an ear
Message me for details
West Terre haute
They are sooo sweet! I had a female I adored. So did my Large Black boar, almost 500 pounds! So I had to rehome Marla the flirt. My boar was going right through electric fences to try to get to her.

Quote: Oh,yes and thank you! It is the lavender hen thats laying the olive egg! Now I am feeling a little less duped!

I was on Facebook today, telling a lady about this group then went
"oops, how long has it been since YOU popped on there!?"
Hi guys! It looks like Chick season is in full swing!
I can't wait to get a new bunch in here....but we're holding off....

We have our own new chick due to hatch July 4th or so!

If anyone is in or around the Bedford area, Rural King is keeping a small assortment in stock. I haven't checked TSC or Orschlen yet. They usually wait until March though (and it's March 1st!).
frow.gif
So good to see you!!!!! Thank you for the chick radar!

I went out to try and measure him, but he wasn't entirely cooperative and didn't want to stand up straight because there was food on the ground and ladies to show it to. The top of his tail was about 25in from the ground. Slouchily regarding me, his head was about that high of the ground too, but his more alert stance would probably put him over 27in. He towers over everything in the yard but the turkey.
Wow he's beautiful what is he?

Back
Top Bottom