INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

New mom yesterday morning. I found the nest a little over two weeks ago. She had it well hidden just inside the electric fence, under some scrub.

DSCN5063.JPG

This morning in the barn.
DSCN5067.JPG

@jchny2000 @Indyshent

Theres 7 now. We named the oddball Maple and the new hatch Norbit so far. My nephew wanted to name one.
:loveBet mama ever!
So early spring I will be getting Muscovy's again. Possibly get quails and chickens also. I plan to have 12 Muscovy's, 10 will be hens, and 2 will be males. Quails I plan to have 7 of each Style. (1 male -6 females) And as for chickens, I plan to get 5 hens that are a known type to go broody. I'd leaning towards Silkies. My POD container will be converted into a coop/kennel. One side will be the coop, while the other side will be for my dog if and when she whelps puppies. Nova and Koda have been trained to herd cattle, pigs, sheep, and poultry. I plan to use dog kennels as the fencing for my new Duck/Chicken run.

Anyone have suggestions on the best broody type?
Old English Games, either bantam or standard.

Hi everyone. This is my my first time posting in this thread. I have three ducks that I am hoping to rehome. I bought them a Rural King. They were all supposed to be Rouens, but one of the drakes does not look like it. I have 2 drakes and 1 duck. They are free to a good home! Let me know if your interested!View attachment 1495863
Welcome to our thread! :frow

Going to integrate my teenager chickens with the adults. They are free ranging well with them so its time. My other scovy mama #2 hatched 3 ducklings this weekend, and Mama #1 already brooding a new clutch.
Super busy with the garden booming. Watermelon and squash are doing great, tons of tomato! Looks like we will have corn after all, happy about that. Ran across a beefsteak tomato I flat love the flavor. Made by Burpee its the "Supersteak hybrid". Huge and great for lunch right out of the garden, yum. Cucumbers are going nuts too.

Back
Top Bottom