INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/wildlife-resources/animals/black-bear/

That says 2015 and prior to that last spotted in the 1800's. However, my family lived on the IN/IL line in west central IN and we always saw bears. So, the info even on the dnr website isn't accurate. But, maybe they are referring to actually living in IN and not just crossing state lines. I didn't read the whole thing. Too early. :caf :confused:

Speaking of IN, I'm looking to add 2 female ducks to my flock if anyone near the in/mi line has any that you are looking to rehome, let me know. I keep reaching out to ads and even FB with no success. Even though people have birds to rehome - they don't want to part with them I guess or it's not what I need (unfortunately can't take in any males and there are lots out there looking for new homes, poor guys). Or they want to part with their whole flock.
Thanks!

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fish-and-wildlife/wildlife-resources/animals/black-bear/

That says 2015 and prior to that last spotted in the 1800's. However, my family lived on the IN/IL line in west central IN and we always saw bears. So, the info even on the dnr website isn't accurate. But, maybe they are referring to actually living in IN and not just crossing state lines. I didn't read the whole thing. Too early. :caf :confused:
Ah- I didn't notice the date, DNR sent it in an email yesterday. Weird.

The link you posted sighted the bear on June 27th. It's all good. The link I posted had the info regarding black bears in IN. I was just adding personal experiences. :)
So, like Clinton? I was never good remembering geography, so looked it up. Depending on which map you look at (🙄 )- one shows TH as WCI, and I know we haven't had any bears in my life. Lol. Although, West T still has a lot of undeveloped area.

Speaking of IN, I'm looking to add 2 female ducks to my flock if anyone near the in/mi line has any that you are looking to rehome, let me know. I keep reaching out to ads and even FB with no success. Even though people have birds to rehome - they don't want to part with them I guess or it's not what I need (unfortunately can't take in any males and there are lots out there looking for new homes, poor guys). Or they want to part with their whole flock.
Thanks!
I have several 1 year old female runners that I am selling, but I'm down near Terre Haute, which is a pretty long drive for you.

So, like Clinton? I was never good remembering geography, so looked it up. Depending on which map you look at (🙄 )- one shows TH as WCI, and I know we haven't had any bears in my life. Lol. Although, West T still has a lot of undeveloped area.
But Vanderburgh is on In/Ky state line - that makes sense.

I have several 1 year old female runners that I am selling, but I'm down near Terre Haute, which is a pretty long drive for you.

Speaking of IN, I'm looking to add 2 female ducks to my flock if anyone near the in/mi line has any that you are looking to rehome, let me know. I keep reaching out to ads and even FB with no success. Even though people have birds to rehome - they don't want to part with them I guess or it's not what I need (unfortunately can't take in any males and there are lots out there looking for new homes,

Thanks!
You may already be familiar w/"The Duck Chronicles" started 5 yrs ago. Not sure how active it is now but if anyone knows who's where, it's them. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2-embryo-in-1-egg-please-look-at-picture.1145328/

Back
Top Bottom