INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks! Sorry about the bad hatch but at least you had 3 hatch.

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I just put me eggs in lockdown! I would be so happy if I could get a 50% hatch rate [​IMG]. I have 27 eggs so 13.5 chicks lol

3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    [​IMG] Good hatching vibes going your way! I just set 14 quail in lockdown. Trying to wind down hatches for the year, and focus on my lavender Orps, & bantam breeds. I am going to keep working on quail, guinea and muscovy too, since I won't have anymore goose eggs til spring.

4. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Indiana

That is amazing! What a cool 'chicken' story!

5. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Indiana

There is a lady near Lafayette that is selling peachicks for $30. She has 8 full grown peafowl and quite an amazing sanctuary for them. I will verify with her if she is still selling and let you know.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thanks. Good hatching vines your way too! I am hatching BBS bantam Ameraucanas. I'm focusing on my EEs and ameraucanas.I wont get any eggs from the ameraucanas (chicks i have a few adults) I already have until spring, but I can hatch eggs and sort threw the chickens and pick the stock I want to keep.

7. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

8. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Thanks. We didn't have a plan when we built the coop/run, but did study others and read what they liked and didn't like about their own coops. All I knew for sure was it was going to be red w/white trim, to match our yard barn. The wagon wheel has also served as a cucumber trellis.

About that huge rooster, he's been spotted again this morning, CROWING! I'm not going out until he's gone.

9. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    that's funny about the eggs. Mine all free range too and we went thru that last year. We would only find one or two eggs in the coop we had to hunt for the others. Mine had a hiding spot under an old truck cab. Once we found it and cleared it out they stopped (for the most part). Maybe some decoy eggs in the coop would help? Golf balls or something?

10. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    We have a pretty small fair down here. I feel like this one still sticks to the rules...our judges watch the kids before shows to see who knows what they are doing and who looks like they have never touched their animal before. They all get questioned about their animal. I was very pleased with the way the judge explainedbthe good and bad to the mini 4-hers as well! I hope it stays this way down here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by