INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Thanks for your advice and the others also. We are going to do just that, we have some leftover 1/2'' hardware cloth. May put some on the area around it so there is more to reach thru. The way the 2x4 wiring is, the chickens can pretty much lay against the fence as they sleep, so an added 2 inches or so will help.

Or, the 1/2'' hardware cloth may make it easier for the 'coon to climb!

2. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I have an automatic door, but I still (usually) go out and check that everyone got back inside before the door closed at 9:30. Last night I found six huddled up on the ramp by the door. Had to lift the door and push their little fluffy butts inside. My 4 ft. fence would only slow hungry critters. Perhaps a momentary pause.

John

3. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Too Fast-- I always love your pictures!! Your run looks so cool and I love the wagon wheel. If I could have a place with enough room I would like to model my run after yours! Very cool! We will keep our eyes open for that man-eating chicken!! lol[​IMG]

Quinstar-- Your roo is sssoooo handsome!!! i hope his personality stays the same and i hope you will share more pictures of him when he is a little older. His coloring is very beautiful!!

Hope everyone survived the heat yet again today! Fed the girls some cold fruit today. Was surprised to see another egg today much like the one i got yesterday. Ta-ta for now

4. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Indiana
    So my lop sided bird is still 'drunk'. Not sure what in the world is going on. She did eat a whole bowl of yogurt and seems a little peppier now.

Thankful for the cooler weather.

Still having egg mystery. Guessing they are laying in other places. Only have 2 NOW who consistently lay in the coop. Kinda frustrating. We have 5 acres and they free range over at least half. Thinking I may eventually fence them in, like in half acre.

Still looking for a friend for Pete, our peacock. Maybe at the sale barn on Friday night.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I hope you find a buddy for him. If not maybe he can make a chickens friend. I had only one bantam and she became buddies with a LF EE.they always roosted by each other.

6. BackyardBitten

Jul 8, 2012
    [​IMG]hey everyone, this is my new broody hen "smokey" lolol just kidding found this on google and thought it was hilarious!

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    You know that would be really weird if she actually hatched eggs lol. She would probably eat the chicks!

8. BackyardBitten

Jul 8, 2012
    i know thats what i was also thinking...hatching her next meal!!

9. itsjustme

itsjustme Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Indiana
    I don't believe 4h is what it use to be. I have alot of cousins that show a variety of animals and even do scrapbooking photography. Etc. They all are made to take care of their animals themselves and anything they make on meat pen animals goes back towards new animals for the folliwing year if they still want to show. I think it should be like that. I am positive not all the kids raise their own cattle pigs etc I've heard of kids showing up at the barns going which cows mine and that's the first time they ever see it. There were even issues in the goat barns last year over breeders not letting the kids who were showing take care of the goats which is suppose to be part of it. It would take my kids alot of pleases to talk me into letting them show iff they were even interested.

10. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by