INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    HouseKat- I just watched that video and is soo true and hilarious

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    The video is awesome. I tried to show it to a 'non chicken person' and they did not share my enthusiasm. I don't get it? Lol

3. RhondaCaroline

RhondaCaroline Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I thought that video was spot on. :)

4. RhondaCaroline

RhondaCaroline Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    We have a few too many chickens - one of which is a cockerel that my Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin can't stand.
    So... we need to find a good home for 4 Bantam Cochins - 1 white cockerel, 1 white pullet and 2 red pullets.
    The two white ones are VERY sweet and tame - they get handled pretty much every day. The red ones are not so tame.
    But like all of the Bantam Cochins we've had they are all sweet birds and easy keepers. These four would be a very nice and
    easy intro to chickens for someone just starting out.

We're in southern Indiana and this group of 4 is free to a good home - my daughter just wants to make sure they don't end up on someone's dinner table.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Lovely.

6. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Praying for your comfort AND Alfie to get well. Our Sadie had the same sounding symptoms last year. The vet gave us antibiotics for 10 days. I could tell a difference in her the next day. Hoping the best for you.

7. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Quinstar-- sending prayers your way for Alfie and hoping that he gets better soon! Hoping that it is only a miner thing!!

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    black and yellow duckling is doing better. While the bandaid trick did not work, using yard in the same way has helped greatly. Can't say I want to part with the little one after putting so much effort into fixing its legs. But I don't even know what breed it is.

9. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Quinstar- sure hope Alfie does better. I know how that can be, we are way to attached to ours too!! I go into panic mode over mine! Hoping its something simple.;)

Miller birds- good thing you are not closer-- I'd love some favroles!!! My DH would kill me if I got more right now!!

Rhonda- I'd love some more Banty Cochins- can't take a roo though!!! And again my DH would kill me!!!

10. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Hi Everyone,

I've sent directions and contact info to all the people who contacted me about attending our little BYC Indiana Poultryfest on July 28th! If you are wanting to attend, or if you would like information about it, send me a PM. It will be a great chance to meet some of the frequent (and not so frequent) posters on this thread, and a good time to hang out with people as obsessed with chickens as you are. (Don't deny it, that's why you're on BYC in the first place).[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by