INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Nothing above a barely audible peep that I've heard. Of course, he's in the garage, so I wouldn't likely hear anything short of a peacock screech from the inside. He's so beat up that I would think that any such effort would probably hurt him. He did do some squawking when I caught him to check over his leg.

John

2. MillerBirds

MillerBirds Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2013
    Indiana

When he was with us, he chirped alot when other birds were around. He even would chirp at me if I stayed with him long enough. I always thought he was sweet.

3. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    So sorry to hear about your chicken loss [​IMG] I am on pins and needles everyday hoping that it cools down soon[​IMG] I am not an extreme weather person and if i'm sweating, I can't imagine what it's like to have feathers or fur for that matter! Trying to keep the ladies cool and dogs never stay outside for more than five minutes, just long enough to do the essentials.

Keep giving the girls electrolytes. So it turns out that last week I was just wishing that my Big Red was laying. She actually laid her first brown egg yesterday!!(in this heat-of all crazy things!)
    Now that all 3 ladies have started laying, my mind keeps wanting to focus on next spring, which breeds are at the top of my list and all the chicken math involved!

Well hope everyone has a good Thursday and hope no one else had anymore losses.

4. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    After spending the entire day cleaning up the yard, mowing, and putting tools away, I've decided that the coop is in the luckiest shade spot in the yard. I kept taking breaks to hang out with them because it was so much cooler there.

Here are Lightening McQueen and Eliza. Lightening is the one that bit me this morning...little bugger. If anyone tries telling me that Eliza is also a cockerel instead of a pullet, I'm going to lose what's left of my feeble mind.

[​IMG]

5. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Honestly, it looks like both have saddle feathers. :(

6. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [​IMG]

OK, one has pokey feathers that go up on the tail and the other only had feathers going down. I know I'm a newby and I'm just reading books to get my info but she just has to be a pullet. [​IMG]

7. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    Just our luck our AC broke the dual capaciter broke ig but its hot out and inside :/

8. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Great news on WWJimmy!
    Hear ya on the heat! I am building a turkey coop & nesting box and am wupped! I got on here last night, and fell asleep while typing, pretty sad [​IMG]

10. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    how old are they? My BR, Mabel has a lot of waddle and comb too. Forgive the poor quality pic, this is while she was still in quarantine.
    I got her as a "give up" at about 5-6 months old last summer.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by