INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

To refer to a previous post: Black Australorps are the best layer I ever had. I can count on them to lay me some good eggs.
mine are 9 weeks today, i am hoping all i have read about BA is true. They are really sweet! i handle all of them every day and they don't mind being picked up. They rush to see me, but i think that's the mealworms
lau.gif
just beautiful little birds. My little lavender orps are precious. they hop right into your hand. I can't wait to see them grown
love.gif
but i am sure enjoying them as chicks. I have 14 goose eggs and 13 chicken eggs in the incubators. doing a trial hatch before the real deal! I have an order set up for coronation sussex, BCM and Ameraucana from a breeder in southern IN hoping to be ready for it in 2 weeks. Come on spring, i am so tired of the cold weather.

mine are 9 weeks today, i am hoping all i have read about BA is true. They are really sweet! i handle all of them every day and they don't mind being picked up. They rush to see me, but i think that's the mealworms
lau.gif
just beautiful little birds. My little lavender orps are precious. they hop right into your hand. I can't wait to see them grown
love.gif
but i am sure enjoying them as chicks. I have 14 goose eggs and 13 chicken eggs in the incubators. doing a trial hatch before the real deal! I have an order set up for coronation sussex, BCM and Ameraucana from a breeder in southern IN hoping to be ready for it in 2 weeks. Come on spring, i am so tired of the cold weather.
I once read that an Australorp held the record for egg laying... 364 in a year!

I've had them and they are a lovely breed.

I have some australorps and love them...very timid and layed back. Not flighty. Always the ones towards the back of the group watching whats going on. When I pick them up they don't yell at me haha, they just go with the FLO. I liked them so much I ordered more with second shipment! Hoping once they start laying I will glad I did
D.gif

Other than that I am anxiously awaiting my new babies in the incubator. Slept last night but was up very early to check in on them. Lavender baby pip'd and is talking to me. lots of eggs rolling around in there
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom