INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

me3udy8y.jpg
aze4yze4.jpg
tu4a6esu.jpg
still needs paint and shingles but it's secure. Birds go in tonight. Hurray!

Lovely coop, I really like the wood!

Hmm... 27 years but I count my days when I was 17 and still in high school. I worked for Firestone for about 2 of those years. They transferred me 3 time, lol. I remember calling the Mazda MR2's MR Nots.

I went back to school and develop software now so I sit at a desk. Building the coop is the most physical labor I have done in years, lol. And I still need to add panels to enclose it for the winter. I don't ever want to fix cars for a living again but I do still have my tools.

Very nice. I wish I could build something that pretty.
Nice to have the tools around, eh? More and more mine are coming home.

You have been out of it for a while, eh? It's a Toyota MR2 lol.

Let's see, Mercury Mistake (Mystique)
Ford Exhibition of Excess (Expedition)

I know there are others, and not just Ford products. That's all I can remember right now.

I agree with the others, Julie's coop is very nice looking. I like the wood, it looks like cedar.

A couple of weeks ago I almost stepped on a black snake that was heading to my chicken coop. I nearly had a heart attack. My husband launched it into the weeds but I know it's still out there. I guess I should look into that thing. Makes me weak just thinking about it though

I am not a fan of snakes, but black snakes are 'gold'. I will take yours off your hands if you need. :)
That's what I was thinking.

Those black rat snakes are nice to have around. Yeah, you could lose some small chicks to them, but they will eat a lot of rats/mice/small vermin.

Happy Sunday Everyone; Be Richly Blessed!!

We are packing up to head west for the next 3 weeks. I am trying not to stress and just trust all will be good, but wise enough to know I may lose a bird or two.

For those of you heading to the party, have a great time! Looking forward to seeing pics. :)

Sally- yes. I should've given more info. It said if you have snake problems to use a push trap to catch snakes and ever coupe should have one! We had a 6 ft black snake last year( didnt have chickens yet) but if your having a big problem it would be easy to use.

Thanks. I don't care for snakes so far we have not seen any, but there are days I wonder about missing eggs.

OK, I'll meet some people at the event today. Don't want to say party, since it won't be for a lot of chickens. I'll be the strange person driving a non-SUV, a real city boy I am. Driving my red convertible, a 1968 Le Mans. Getting almost as good MPG as the SUVs lol.

Thanks for the kind words. We (ok HE) worked really hard on it. My work mostly consisted of input and keeping the kids busy. :) The doors and windows are poplar and the rest is pine tongue and groove car siding. It'll get some paint next weekend. We put the birds in last night. Three slept on the roosts, 3 1/2 (one of my 5 weeks olds is the half) slept in the nest boxes, and the rest huddled in a corner. Going to pick up some decoy eggs or golf balls today. Not sure how I'm going to keep them
From sleeping in the nest boxes??

Back
Top Bottom