INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Awesome! I love how bantam buffs look (the good quality ones), they can be really gorgeous!I saw some beautiful ones at the county fair, They were nicest I had ever seen and the didnt have any VHs.

2. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    I wanted to thank Racinchicken for hosting the chicken fest today. It was a great way to meet everyone and we sure enjoyed it!! Next time we'll do name tags!!;). And also to Racin for showing us all his flock, young and old!! The food was suburb from all!! Now we may recognize faces at fairs, shows and other events!!

2 people like this.
  3. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    A very big thank you to Racinchicken and his SO for opening your home and coop yards for touring!!! It so great to be able to meet everyone and to see some chickens I have never seen before. Your house is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! and your chickens are awesome!!!!! I really loved your SO's definition of "chicken math" and I was laughing so hard at the story that came with it [​IMG][​IMG] the food was great! I had such a great time and again I can't say how great it was to be able to talk chicken with other people who have the chicken disease like me!!! Awesome awesome day!!![​IMG]
    (PS Racin--- I am quite smitten with your polish and many of the pictures i took were of him, he is a cutey!!! If you ever have any offspring of him, please let me know!!!!)

4. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    here's another good one!![​IMG]

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I also want to say thank you for hosting the party. The food was amazing. Home made hamburger rolls with hand ground cheese burgers. Just wonderful. And I can't say enough goo things about your house. The lights in the kitchen and the toilet flusher in the bath near the kitchen were a couple of my favorite things.
    Also showing how to butcher the roosters was great. I know what DH and I will be doing the next few weekends.
    If we do this again, I think we should all try to bring you a little chick if we have one available for you. Then you could have a great variety and lots of fun raising them :)

My children are completely in love with Buster too. Amazing how he "came" back. Thanks for the BLRW. My boy said ~ Look Buster is back. He is hiding in the garage (our isolation area). He must have came back to eat, mom, since he got smaller.
    I guess in the mind of a child everything working out is more logical than mom and dad replacing the owl eaten rooster.

And I know the shoes in that picture I will have to let DH know he will soon be famous :)

6. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    So its been a busy few days and I just caught up on the posts. The new chick pics are cool and snakes not so much. The baby goat is so sweet.

Housecat your enclosure is nifty!
    Julie-Its been said many times, but your coop rocks! The feeling of getting chickens in their own home is just wonderful. Congratulations.
    Pipd- Great pics as always.

Friday I was so happy to meet Old Salt in person and take a few hens off his hands. They are now settled down in a crate in my mudroom starting their quarantine. He showed me all around his property, we saw weed whacker willie (I think that's his name) and rotten dog Millie (not so rotten after all), and all the birds. What a great place. I just wish I had taken my son with me. Just so much to see there. Here are a few pics (I hope you don't mind John):
    [​IMG]
    We moved him out to his new home outside. What amazing colors he is getting now that the feathers are coming in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I was supposed to take home 1-3 Cochins, that's it. I took home all three and a Wyandotte too. That's how this works, right? I'm a lucky girl.

Today, I went to Poultry Fest. I got there late and missed the executions, which is probably for the best but it was just such a nice day. I will bring name tags with me if we ever get to do it again because I met so many people from here, but its hard to connect people to usernames. I think Quinstar, MillerBirds, Pipd, and CCCChickens weren't there and if you were, I wish I had known. Racinchickins opened his beautiful house to us and it was just lovely. You and your family couldn't have made me personally feel more welcome and I think everyone would agree that it was a good time. The company, the food, the chickens, and the house were just wonderful.

Old Salt- Thank you for being my hit man. I just don't think I have it in me yet.

Pbirdhaven (Judy) brought me some new little chicks. They are the sweetest Appenzeller Spitzhaubens and I'm definitely in love. They made it home just fine and are now safely in the basement in a rabbit hutch for now. Just like my pretty Cochins and the Wyandotte, they have sand in the hutch that is wrapped with plastic and cardboard to hold it all in, their food, and their water bottles. I got a 1x2 through the holes so that they can try roosting, but for now they are just eating like crazy. This weekend was the first time I had tried the brooder bottles and I was kind of a dummy. I forgot to poke a hole in the top of the bottle, so its no wonder the older girls didn't use theirs. I had been keeping an eye on them and realized they weren't using them, so they also had water in a bowl until I figured out my mistake.

[​IMG] Their temporary home until quarantine is over. These little girls might be in quarantine longer than the others because they are just so tiny compared to everyone else. We will take it slow.

[​IMG]This is what the little beauties looked like when I picked them up [​IMG]
    I hope you all had a great weekend.

Cheryl

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    CRSelvey- No I wasnt there, but I wish I could of been. Sound like everyone had a great time.

8. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    Sounds like the Poultry Fest was a grand time! Wish we could have been there, but our family just crashed & got caught up on sleep after the fair (too many nights of staying at the fairgrounds until midnight helping in the Rabbit Club's food booth). I'm still hopingfor a northern Indiana get together next time (and soon!) [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    AWESOME day today! My deepest gratitude to racinchickins and SO for being our gracious hosts. [​IMG]
    You have a lovely home!
    Also wonderful to meet so many members, we had a great time!!
    Personal thanks also go to Mother2Hens, she helped me pull off a secret mission, and delivered 3 beautiful peachicks this afternoon! [​IMG]
    Timing was perfect, they are a gift for my parents 53rd wedding anniversary. M2H, you are awesome [​IMG]
    Also thanks to danand, Bruce (BA rooster) is quite happy with his new harem, frankly believe he may get more than 5 ladies..
    He wasn't out of the crate 2 seconds and was "making acquaintances" [​IMG]
    If someone would like to arrange a get together In northern IN, I think its a fantastic idea! I would love to to meet up again.

10. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Thank You to our Hosts with the Most (chickens)! You were both so generous to share your amazing home and picturesque property. We also appreciated your parents' efforts in getting your estate party-ready. Too bad you made them camp out! haha (Patrick's parents who were visiting actually had a celebrity-sized motorhome). The whole family knows how to live!

"A Good Time Was Had By All!" (except for the unlucky birds that were forced to attend). Luckily we arrived after the bad part was over. It was as though "it" never happened-- except for the blood stains on Old Salt's jeans!

What all of you have been waiting for . . . photos of your virtual friends. Not great photos, just quick photos that my DH (Jim) took with his phone. They will give everyone a vague idea at least to put names with faces. I missed getting to see Too Fast and I didn't get CRSelvey/Cheryl in a photo. : - (

[​IMG]
    Front: Backyard Bitten, danand/Jenni
    Back: Jchny/Janet, Mother2Hens/Julie, racinchickins/Patrick, vickichicki/Victoria, Old Salt/John

[​IMG]
    Since it's difficult to take a group shot~ this is a happier photo above of Jchny and danand
    and below of Patrick. He's thinking, "Just another hour and I can return to my formerly
    peaceful life of actually chillin with my peeps."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    racinchickins's eco-friendly house shown in the background.
    It extends from the screen porch all the way to the right side of the photo
    and includes an extensive rainwater collection and harvesting system. . .
    and much more! (as we say in the advertising field). haha

[​IMG]
    Patrick allows us to check out the little ones in the basement.

[​IMG]
    More areas of pens outside. Sally in Indiana (in white pants)
    is partially pictured admiring a Polish Roo that an Indy
    chicken enthusiast is taking home.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Modern Game ~ Cochins ~ White Faced Black Spanish --- and many more lucky residents!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by