INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

That stinks, I hate when people sell birds dishonestly. Or even if they didn't know theywere cockerels, they should of just said they were strait run. BTW I like your username. My name is Keesha, It is just spelled different!

I don't think the Welsummers were sold to me dishonestly although I am surprised that they got it wrong. The RIRs are another story. My husband got them at a chicken swap and I'm pretty sure he was misinformed. My guess is they were straight run and they wanted to get rid of them.

Me too! Last year was a crappy winter with little to no snow, but this winter is starting off good
smile.png
I know, we barley got any snow last year.

On another note, does anyone use a galvanized garbage can to store their chicken feed? If so, are their any issues? I'm heading to Lebanon tomorrow to get more feed, but I'd like to store it all in one place instead of part in the coop and part in the house. Do you have any other suggestions?

On another note, does anyone use a galvanized garbage can to store their chicken feed? If so, are their any issues? I'm heading to Lebanon tomorrow to get more feed, but I'd like to store it all in one place instead of part in the coop and part in the house. Do you have any other suggestions?
Before I got my freezerI was using plastic garbage cans. They work really good.

I use a galvanized garbage can for dog food. Works great. Not even Mighty Mouse can gnaw a hole in it.

Since I buy several bags of chicken feed at a time, it would take several cans, so I just stack the bags on a pallet in the barn. So far, no problem.

John

Back
Top Bottom