INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Seriously losing my mind over here in anticipation!
barnie.gif

Having a broody in the house is worse, much worse, than outside. I can't think of anything else except how the babies are hatching.
jumpy.gif
Wine is not helping. I saw a pip hours ago. It still looks the same. I have been hearing peeps since this morning. Now I'm all worried it's going to get stuck.
th.gif
Snow is just sitting on her eggs like she doesn't have a care in the world. How is she not worried!!!! OMG.
ep.gif
Somebody distract me. I was not like this during the October hatch.

If anyone is needing any supplies, randallburkey.com is giving a free treat with every order but the best part is free shipping! I've been wanting some feed/water cage cups and they had the best price I could find with the free shipping.

Quote: It is not just my chickens I get nervous about. We have a great horned owl or pair in the area. They will eat pets too like great barn cats. And to top it off they are defensive towards humans. maybe the snowy ones aren't but DH did not know owls are defensive. He thought they were more like hawks that fly away when you approach them. Instead the owl flew right at DH's head when DH went out to scare it away from our tractor coop.
We have one thats very bold. Perches in the huge dogwood in the middle of the property.
I see it when I go out and do the night time checks on my coops.
Quote:
lau.gif
It was a lot of fun
lol.png

I hope we can have another get together.

Seriously losing my mind over here in anticipation!
barnie.gif

Having a broody in the house is worse, much worse, than outside. I can't think of anything else except how the babies are hatching.
jumpy.gif
Wine is not helping. I saw a pip hours ago. It still looks the same. I have been hearing peeps since this morning. Now I'm all worried it's going to get stuck.
th.gif
Snow is just sitting on her eggs like she doesn't have a care in the world. How is she not worried!!!! OMG.
ep.gif
Somebody distract me. I was not like this during the October hatch.
Its harder when they are in the house! Usually can be up to 24 hours from external pip.
(or within minutes
roll.png
) I know, not helping
barnie.gif

My flock now is very small compared to earlier 2000 when I had as many as 67 birds. I am now down to less than a dozen :( and these are all fairly OLD. I have 2 beautiful frizzled roo's. I have a partridge silky hen, a New Hampshire hen, a blue Cochin, a very old white cochin hen, a white leghorn mixed hen and a couple others. I am getting a pair of white frizzled cochins and am hen sitting 2 buff orpington hens. The four I just mentioned are less than a year old. I also have a very sick little black frizzled hen who is currently a house hen. Her name is Friday's GirL and she has a cyst in her reproduction area that is growing and compromising her other organs. I will be lucky to have her for another month.

Since I have discovered other breeders on facebook I am looking into some frizzled polish mix and EE hens. We will see! I have a very large coop and have not decided if I wish to keep it as such or to turn it into a summer/kitchen/cottage type building. I've owned chickens for 34 yrs. My chickens are strictly pets. I've always kept all that has naturally been breed from my backyard. So yeah sometimes I've had a few too many roosters, but we have just divided the flock. Many years I did free range. Now too many Cooper Hawks in the area and an occasional stray possum. I live in a small addition on less than an acre of land out in the country of Huntertown, IN. Huntertown is about 10 miles north of Fort Wayne, IN.

I would love to meet new people who share my same interest in Feathers.

~ Debi ~

If anyone is needing any supplies, randallburkey.com is giving a free treat with every order but the best part is free shipping! I've been wanting some feed/water cage cups and they had the best price I could find with the free shipping.

UGH I wish we were ready for the sportsman, that woulda been a great deal!

My flock now is very small compared to earlier 2000 when I had as many as 67 birds. I am now down to less than a dozen :( and these are all fairly OLD. I have 2 beautiful frizzled roo's. I have a partridge silky hen, a New Hampshire hen, a blue Cochin, a very old white cochin hen, a white leghorn mixed hen and a couple others. I am getting a pair of white frizzled cochins and am hen sitting 2 buff orpington hens. The four I just mentioned are less than a year old. I also have a very sick little black frizzled hen who is currently a house hen. Her name is Friday's GirL and she has a cyst in her reproduction area that is growing and compromising her other organs. I will be lucky to have her for another month.

Since I have discovered other breeders on facebook I am looking into some frizzled polish mix and EE hens. We will see! I have a very large coop and have not decided if I wish to keep it as such or to turn it into a summer/kitchen/cottage type building. I've owned chickens for 34 yrs. My chickens are strictly pets. I've always kept all that has naturally been breed from my backyard. So yeah sometimes I've had a few too many roosters, but we have just divided the flock. Many years I did free range. Now too many Cooper Hawks in the area and an occasional stray possum. I live in a small addition on less than an acre of land out in the country of Huntertown, IN. Huntertown is about 10 miles north of Fort Wayne, IN.

I would love to meet new people who share my same interest in Feathers.

~ Debi ~
Sounds like they have been a part of your life a long time. We are glad to have you join us!
A few of us are back to chicken keeping after a few years away. some have just started, some have a few years experience.
We do have a lot of active and helpful members on our thread
big_smile.png
Its ok to talk about your other pets, a family event or even just sound off
rant.gif
!
I think you will really enjoy being part of our thread!
I only ask of everyone to keep topics family clean per BYC guidelines, as we do have children/young adult members as well.

Back
Top Bottom