INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

TSC just told me March 3rd is now the date for chicks!! I wander what happened that the chicks needed to be delayed? Does anyone know where TSC gets their chicks from?
They go into lock down tonight!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
When i asked last year the one in Kendallville told me they were getting them from Townline.

Well here we go people, my first lock down!! This is the best solution I could come up with. No it isn't ideal but it's what I got to work with. Just got done candling all the eggs and they seem to be right in track. So wish me luck that by Friday we have some peepers, and that the new eggs do ok also!

I got a few more pictures today.

Mille Fleur D'uccle Hen

This poor guy (below) has just been through a lot in the last 1 1/2-2 weeks.Getting beat up, his poor circulation issue (or whatever was wrong), and now he went and hurt his foot. I think he is just prone to accidents! He did have a tiny cut on his foot, and his foot was warm, also a little swelling. Since his "poor circulation" he has walked different, so now that he hurt his foot, he has mastered the art of one leg hopping in the matter of yesterday night until when I did chores (because he was fine yesterday). So anyways I had to doctor him up. I had a drop of of triple antibiotic left with out pain relief (when It hadn't been thrown away, I am not sure). I will have enough to wrap his foot on or two more times. But If I have to continue wrapping it for a little while longer, I was thinking of trying honey. Not that buying the ointment will break the bank, I just thought after 2 or 3 days maybe a slightly different approach would be good. I have read some of you guys suggesting using it for different things, Would it be good to use for this? Okay here are some pictures of the little guy, he is a trooper :)

relaxing, he almost feel asleep (lazy lol)

Well DH went to town today and I cleaned house, brooders, and started striping the chicken coop for sanitizing tomorrow. About 2 pm DH came home with grocery's, and a plain brown box.... can you guess what what was inside?......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................5 Ameraucana chicks, 3 SLW's, and 2 BR chicks, all on my wish list.
love.gif
List is getting Smaller.
ya.gif

Love my DH.

I got a few more pictures today.

Mille Fleur D'uccle Hen

This poor guy (below) has just been through a lot in the last 1 1/2-2 weeks.Getting beat up, his poor circulation issue (or whatever was wrong), and now he went and hurt his foot. I think he is just prone to accidents! He did have a tiny cut on his foot, and his foot was warm, also a little swelling. Since his "poor circulation" he has walked different, so now that he hurt his foot, he has mastered the art of one leg hopping in the matter of yesterday night until when I did chores (because he was fine yesterday). So anyways I had to doctor him up. I had a drop of of triple antibiotic left with out pain relief (when It hadn't been thrown away, I am not sure). I will have enough to wrap his foot on or two more times. But If I have to continue wrapping it for a little while longer, I was thinking of trying honey. Not that buying the ointment will break the bank, I just thought after 2 or 3 days maybe a slightly different approach would be good. I have read some of you guys suggesting using it for different things, Would it be good to use for this? Okay here are some pictures of the little guy, he is a trooper :)

relaxing, he almost feel asleep (lazy lol)
yes -- I would try the honey. Dab a generous amount & then wrap it up (our kitten liked to lick her paws after rubbing her eyes when we used it on her eyes!)

Well DH went to town today and I cleaned house, brooders, and started striping the chicken coop for sanitizing tomorrow. About 2 pm DH came home with grocery's, and a plain brown box.... can you guess what what was inside?......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................5 Ameraucana chicks, 3 SLW's, and 2 BR chicks, all on my wish list. :love  List is getting Smaller. :ya
Love my DH.   

That is sooo sweet! After all you two have been through! I just love our men that show such compassion to us chicken ladies!

Well DH went to town today and I cleaned house, brooders, and started striping the chicken coop for sanitizing tomorrow. About 2 pm DH came home with grocery's, and a plain brown box.... can you guess what what was inside?......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................5 Ameraucana chicks, 3 SLW's, and 2 BR chicks, all on my wish list. :love  List is getting Smaller. :ya
Love my DH.   

That's great!

That is sooo sweet! After all you two have been through! I just love our men that show such compassion to us chicken ladies!
yes it's true.... I'm spoiled!!!!
woot.gif

That's great!
I don't think they are Ameraucana's.....
hit.gif
2 of them have feathered legs!! And I don't want to tell DH. he got them from a local breeder he said, the guy also said he Vac. them but DH couldn't remember for what. the are 3 days old. I got pic's but I don't think you can see them well enough to tell anything but here they are what do you think?

the yellow one is one with feathered legs, hope it a she and turns out White. How can I tell male from Female? or can I ?

Back
Top Bottom