INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I've about given up on ever seeing grass again.

New Headline:

GLOBAL WARMING PREDICTIONS PROVEN WRONG AS NEW ICE AGE THREATENS TO OBLITERATE THE WORLD

People everywhere are being advised to turn on their car engines, purchase and spray aerosol cans, burn as much as possible, and feed livestock gas-producing feeds to help prevent this new threat to life as we know it.....Get the whole story here: www.whatso-calledscientiststhinktheyknowtoday.com

weatherman-smiley-emoticon.gif
HaHa. Wow people are so smart now days. Just kidding! I think spongebob should be our president lol

Someone told me a while back about a place to buy organic chicken feed in Indianapolis. I never got over there because of all the bad weather and then forgot the name and location. I could kick myself as searching on here has only turned up Lebanon as a possible source. I think this store was (maybe) in the neighborhood of 50 something and keystone. Not sure. Does anyone have any idea of where this could be?

HaHa. Wow people are so smart now days. Just kidding! I think spongebob should be our president lol
I can't look at that link for some reason. BUt from looking at the paragraph above it, I imagiene it was probably pretty funny. lol Might as well be!

Global Warming honestly cracks me up. If the weather goes slightly north or south of what they think or say, it becomes a big deal and the world is going to end. I was actually surprised that I didn't hear any predictions last year. But anyways. Right now a lot of people are freaking out, because every things going to "freeze". In a few months when it gets 90, they will be making a big deal about everything melting. Do you think anyone has stumbled upon the fact that some years we just have a bad winter and some years we have bad summers? 150 years ago I don't think people would of have been worried about global warming, but worried about how they were going to make a living. Everything has to have answer now and I like knowing the "answers" but not everything is black and white and can be solved/explained. (just some thoughts). Can't wait to see what happens and they say this summer lol-that is if we have a summer.

rant.gif
Ugh..RANT!!!!!!...
old.gif
I get very ANGRY when I trap cats. Animal control wont pick them up, still throwing a big fit over that!
somad.gif
Its a domestic animal, why NOT?!? We have so many "generous people" that feel we need lots of cats abandoned at our farm
smack.gif
I would like to take every one of those "people" and dump THEM in a cornfield for a night.
HORRIBLE abuse, take a house raised cat and toss it out in these temps, no idea how to feed itself, let alone protect itself! Some of them have been declawed too. Horrible!
I have caught countless cats. Very disappointing when you realize your trap is tripped and there is a cat inside. I get the ocassional "rehoming" here, but not nearly as many as you do. Very sad when you come home from camping and see two very hungry and thirsty kittens on your porch.

Someone told me a while back about a place to buy organic chicken feed in Indianapolis.  I never got over there because of all the bad weather and then forgot the name and location.  I could kick myself as searching on here has only turned up Lebanon as a possible source.  I think this store was (maybe) in the neighborhood of 50 something and  keystone.  Not sure.  Does anyone have any idea of where this could be?

It's probably Agrarian, 49th and college.
http://www.agrarianindy.com
There's also Habig. They sell scratch grains from a mill and I think they are organic. There's several locations, so just give them a call.

I can't look at that link for some reason. BUt from looking at the paragraph above it, I imagiene it was probably pretty funny. lol Might as well be!

Global Warming honestly cracks me up. If the weather goes slightly north or south of what they think or say, it becomes a big deal and the world is going to end. I was actually surprised that I didn't hear any predictions last year. But anyways. Right now a lot of people are freaking out, because every things going to "freeze". In a few months when it gets 90, they will be making a big deal about everything melting. Do you think anyone has stumbled upon the fact that some years we just have a bad winter and some years we have bad summers? 150 years ago I don't think people would of have been worried about global warming, but worried about how they were going to make a living. Everything has to have answer now and I like knowing the "answers" but not everything is black and white and can be solved/explained. (just some thoughts). Can't wait to see what happens and they say this summer lol-that is if we have a summer.

Totally agree with you. This whole carbon footprint thing cracks me up too. I think we should take care of our earth but people seem to forget that we all are going to die sometime unless Jesus comes back first.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you. This whole carbon footprint thing cracks me up too. I think we should take care of our earth but people seem to forget that we all are going to die sometime unless Jesus comes back first.
I really wish I could read that article. As far as I understand carbon footing printing is a sum of greenhouse gases admitted in a certain amount of time. Agreed that everyone has to die eventually,its a fact of life, but I am not going into a religious aspect of things :)

Hoping I can get outside and work later this week. Got to get everything cleaned and set up. I want to be ready for chicks extra early! My heating plate should be here monday along with some leg bands.

We got bored today and drove up to Kendallville. Their Tsc had 7 EE's.
I couldn't just leave them there now could I? That would be irresponsible. I rescued them. Dh says no more chick for like 2 years. LOL that's what he thinks.

Our summer water trough has become a indoor brooder for 7 EE's and the two ducklings, who by the way are now both doing great after some electrolytes, and are loving their new brooder buddies.

Not sure the dark one is EE. The other chicks in the bin were black sexlinks and leghorns, so I know she isn't one of those either. All supposed to be pullets.

I love this, "hey you not a chiken"!
very cute chicks, and ducklings, didn't know you could raise them together. Cool

Of course your missing a bunch! lol you need brahmas, cochins, legbars, leghorns, egypian fayoumis, salmon faverolle, silver spangled hamburgs, naked necks (gotta have an ugly breed or two!), orloffs, and im sure I can list a few more that are on my list of favorites! lol.

Sounds like you have a nice assortment though, your egg basket/cartons will be nice looking. Might consider a white egg layer to add more contrast although if you are going to be selling the eggs, I have a hard time selling the white eggs. Everyone has the mentality that brown eggs taste better and are healthier. So now i just do mixed dozens and they dont get a choice lol.
I got that all the time too. and the best one is " I cant BAKE anything without your BROWN eggs, the white eggs just don't do well in baking. " I'm sorry but I have never been able to tell them apart, the only taste difference I get is between store eggs and farm eggs, big difference!! IMO is going to kill me to have to buy store eggs again until I get laying hens again. Told DH we might have to buy eggs off the woman down the street. But he don't like her. I'm not overly friendly with her but....

I thought we was suppose to get snow but all we are getting is freezing rain. Roads are slick.

Sent from my N861 using Tapatalk
We started with freezing rain at 6 am then snow around 7:30 am and more rain and now back to snow, had to lock goats up cause they were covered in ice on their backs, if they wont go in on their own... I'll make them.
barnie.gif

Also, anyone who has sent either Julie/mother2hens or myself a PM about being added to the members list, I should have you up as of this evening. Please take a look and make sure I didn't mess up! If anyone still needs to be added, info updated, etc. please let me know. I'll be glad to do it when I get a chance!
I sent you a PM

Snowing here again. At least a couple of inches so far and they're thinking at least 6 by the end of the weekend.
I lied earlier... sory but I just looked out the window and the snow has stoped, maybe 1/2 inch on the ground... I can deal with that...
celebrate.gif

UGH watching the radar now, so far we are getting nothing...
fl.gif
hope it misses us!

No kidding! You tell DH NO CLEANING POOP for u! Keep that baby safe
hugs.gif
and you also!

Awesome post!!!!! Thanks for sharing this, really made me rethink broodies!

yesss.gif
Congrats, its so exciting! I have babies all over the house lol, my parents are loving it.
They both love to hold the chicks and coo at them! I have 5 brooder boxes going ugh! The white leghorns are really growing up fast..

My baby roo Roscoe, a RIR doesn't "fit" in any of my brooders. He is my best buddy right now.
Too old, young or aggressive.. so he gets to live in a crate in my den.
I am enjoying him too, he is quite a personable lil guy!

Oh you need a white layer! Why not a polish or another fun breed.. When I have customers visit, they are just infatuated with the polish.

Tell him that the roo is your pet! he is NOT ever leaving!! I despise rude neighbors... We are very lucky to have our one neighbor north of us that are wonderful friendly people.
If you can keep a roo per the local ordinance I would sure be ignoring him! I guess I must sleep sound, I never hear mine till I get outdoors for the day. He sounds pretty inconsiderate. And really, I enjoy the sound of the crows anyway! They are happy, and that's what its all about for me.
I also have 5 brooders going, but 1 of them has Georgia alone in it ( the injured ISA ) so maybe that don't count.
So far all my neighbors have been ok with the chickens, but I bribe them with a dz free eggs a week...
wink.png

I don't have a lot of "egg customers" yet but I do offer a mixed assortment to those that buy. Colors seem to be a big thing right now with most that are buying.
I have a lot of requests for wyandottes! Selling a lot of adult birds.

NN are just sweet birds. I have 2 from Brad that are just adorable, jump on your shoulder and want petted birds! Just love them.

LMAO its a fun movie!

I am going to let my broodies hatch this year. I had 4 hens and 2 ducks wanting to last season, and several of my geese. Its time I let them do things naturally.

UGH hope it misses all of us, be safe
hugs.gif

I am sold 100% on the sportsman, its flat awesome. no worries, no adjusting, no problems. Ya it was $$$ expensive but WOW.
I already see a big difference in hatching. If the egg is fertile it is gonna hatch! that alone made it worth it!
jumpy.gif
So exciting ashes is saying let me do my job
love.gif
DH loves movies so will tell him!
I have alll these cartons and no eggs to fill them, I hate it!!!! And so do all my customers... they say to let them know when I get back up and running again but I'm worried they will all fine others to buy off of by the time I get going again.

chick rookie~ I think you beat both kabhyper and me out of being the craziest chicken ladies who baby our chickens are often end up with chickens in the house. Although you never know--maybe kab has bathed with her chickens since she mentions giving them baths. Anyway, that little chick of yours is a pretty girl and a very lucky one, too!
smile.png
lol that's ok with me,
love.gif
love all my girls big and sm, feathered or furred. The bath thing was not planed at all, I guess she heard me tlking and came looking for me, and you know the rest of the story... lol

So is anyone getting any of this bad weather they have been predicting for us yet. I have not gotten any and hoping it isnt quite what they predicted it to be.
we got a little bit nothing big, yet, hope we don't I'm sick of it!!!
smack.gif

I have caught countless cats. Very disappointing when you realize your trap is tripped and there is a cat inside. I get the ocassional "rehoming" here, but not nearly as many as you do. Very sad when you come home from camping and see two very hungry and thirsty kittens on your porch.
I'll tell whats more disappointing .... knowing you have Coons lurking around, seeing them the dogs chasing them and them getting in your hen house and only catching 1 !!!! Guess the rest saw it happen and now the other 2 wont go near the trap... that sucks,
somad.gif

but I know what your saying about the cats.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom