INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Thanks everyone for insulation input. I've done a little rough math with lowe's and menards' websites, and I'm looking at about 100 dollars for osb and another 100 for insulation. I've got until winter to save spare change, so I'll probably go ahead an insulate. Then I'll feel better about not running heat in the coop. These critters survive in the wild, right?

@Leahs Mom - I read through all the posts I could find on FF, and I'm sorry if I missed it, but what's the recipe you use for your coarse-grain mash?

I'm really excited about fermenting feed! I've been making my own kraut for years, and I think it's awesome that the process for animal food is exactly the same. When I get home tonight I'm putting my dog's kibble in a bucket of water! :-D

Thanks everyone for insulation input.  I've done a little rough math with lowe's and menards' websites, and I'm looking at about 100 dollars for osb and another 100 for insulation.  I've got until winter to save spare change, so I'll probably go ahead an insulate.  Then I'll feel better about not running heat in the coop.  These critters survive in the wild, right?

If you're near Indy, I have a few batts of insulation left over from our coop build you're welcome to.

I only have guineas at the moment- and I had seven this morning and six when I got back from the post office! I have 5 acres that has a bunch of mature trees on it and where there aren't any, mostly the hill which we don't mow so long grass/hay the guineas don't even venture, other than that the area around our garage is fairly open. I let the birds free range all day they usually head into their coop around sunset. I usually open their run in the am but the gate rusted off the hinges this winter so it's open for now. No other seeming predators, there is the neighbors dog but we are new to the area and haven't properly introduced ourselves yet. I don't wanna be like oh hi I'm Michelle and is your dog killing my birds? If so can you stop it? Thanks and Have a a great day. lol I think I'll get one of those fake owls and invest in some flags, pirate flags!
I'm getting chicks in May so I want my yard safe when it's time for those fluff butts to go into the yard
could it be sitting on a nest somewhere?

could it be sitting on a nest somewhere?

I looked all over the property and I couldn't find one outside. They had started a nest in the coop which I was super surprised about, has 11 eggs in it, one day i went to check their coop out and I got hissed at

I know I have mostly males, thought maybe two females but I wasn't for sure, I'm kinda depressed if I did loose my only female :(

My phone died earlier right when I was getting ready to send an update on ..... YOU GUESSED IT! LOL. CHICKS!

So RK in Martinsville had a new sign posted. .incoming...
OK hold onto your britches! !
Salmon Favs
Scicillian buttercups
Lakenvelders
? ?

I have totally spaced what the 4th one was but definitely not the norm! Another annoying thing is there was no date and no one close by to ask.
They will also have more of their common stock too.

Just thought I'd share.

Here are the BPR and RIR's snuggled for the night! They are getting big.

We were out finishing up some late chores and I thought I would snap a quick pic of them.

Back
Top Bottom