INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Do any of you know of breeders of angora rabbits in Indiana or southern michigan? Thinking about adding some new kinds of fiber to the farm. :) Can't spin silkies feathers even though it seems like you could lol.

I have a blue and splash partridge brahma cockerels available if anyone is interested. Very docile and haven't started crowing yet. They are 5 and 6 months old.

Not sure if u were still looking for barred rocks. Found this and thought maybe it would work for you:) I noticed they ship eggs and u are the master hatcher! BTW the add is from the ABA yearbook.

Last edited:
Do any of you know of breeders of angora rabbits in Indiana or southern michigan? Thinking about adding some new kinds of fiber to the farm.
smile.png
Can't spin silkies feathers even though it seems like you could lol.
How soon are you wanting to get them? There are 2 rabbit shows the weekend of March 8 & 9 at the Whitley Co. fairgrounds. Also, Gina Cook lives in South Bend and raises very nice show quality angoras. Her website is www.gbfarm.org (Green Barn Farm) -- she has pics on her website of some of her rabbits. There are a number of types of angora rabbits (English, French, Satin & Giant) and they are all a bit different. She raises the English. If any of you have never seen an english angora, go to her website & check them out -- they're the rabbits that look like a big powder puff with no face!

I am so sorry to hear.

Very odd! My orps are usually non aggressive too.

I know that is what I have always heard. He has been frisky with his ladies since bring them home. Maybe the Phoenix challenged him and he bit his like point off. My DH was upset he went just to find one. He likes the chickens I think are impractical. I really enjoyed the show in ohio. A lot of nice poultry there came home with only bantams. The large birds were huge! They make hatchery stock look like bantams! And I thought my bielefelders were big. I seen orphingtons bigger than toddlers! The feed bill would be crazy!

South eatern part about 40 miles from Indianapolis. I am looking for an 8x10 or 10x10 somewhere along those lines.

I have French Black Copper Marans cockerels (Wade Jeane line) and French Blue Copper Marans cockerels (Mari Krebs line) available. They hatched September 15th. Some are crowing. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom