INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I ran across this DIY. I think I'll make one and grow treats for my chickens. I'll hang it in their chicken playground area even though they have two grazing frames. They might like the change from horizontal grazing to vertical grazing! lol I have some logs that they can climb on to access different levels. Here’s the tutorial.

So, I sent MyPetChicken.com a video of my little crowing chicken.

They accidentally forwarded me their internal email chain, accusing me of being a liar.

I will NOT be giving them another $ of my money!

Two mistakes last year, canceling my Olive Eggers and sending me a roo this year...I lived with all of that, but I draw the line at being called a liar.

So, I sent MyPetChicken.com a video of my little crowing chicken.

They accidentally forwarded me their internal email chain, accusing me of being a liar.

I will NOT be giving them another $ of my money!

Two mistakes last year, canceling my Olive Eggers and sending me a roo this year...I lived with all of that, but I draw the line at being called a liar.

Canceling and order, I can see that happening as I've had hatches just not hatch at the last minute. Not great but it happens or fewer eggs are laid than expected.

Getting a rooster, its between a 15% and 5% risk depending on where the sexed chicks are ordered from. Most places will give a partial refund if a person ends up with more than the stated percent of roosters when they ordered all females.
But a company email should not call names of anykind.Sure I have had buyers that I found strange or I did not believe their story but I just go on in life.

For example I had a person call and tell me all about how he had gotten 20 week old RIR chickens from me last year but they all turned out to be roosters when I said they would be hens. Turns out he only kept them a week to 10 days and then he sold them off because he just knew they were roosters because their combs were red and he was not getting any eggs. He said they were barely crowing but not loud enough to bother him. Somebody got a really good deal off of him :)

Canceling and order, I can see that happening as I've had hatches just not hatch at the last minute. Not great but it happens or fewer eggs are laid than expected.

Getting a rooster, its between a 15% and 5% risk depending on where the sexed chicks are ordered from. Most places will give a partial refund if a person ends up with more than the stated percent of roosters when they ordered all females.
But a company email should not call names of anykind.Sure I have had buyers that I found strange or I did not believe their story but I just go on in life.

For example I had a person call and tell me all about how he had gotten 20 week old RIR chickens from me last year but they all turned out to be roosters when I said they would be hens. Turns out he only kept them a week to 10 days and then he sold them off because he just knew they were roosters because their combs were red and he was not getting any eggs. He said they were barely crowing but not loud enough to bother him. Somebody got a really good deal off of him :)
Yes. I lived with all the problems. Dead chicks, wrong sex chicks, not hatching the chicks they advertised...any other business, this would all be unacceptable, right? But these are live animals, so I get it.

But I won't be called a liar. That really torpedo'd my day.

I sent them a video, for Pete's sake. And I wasn't asking for a refund today. The question I asked was, What date would I report him as a rooster, if he turns out to be? I even stated that I knew to check for saddle feathers, etc. I was 100% reasonable.

But I must be a liar because everyone knows chicks don't crow at 9 days old.

Except when they do, like on the video.

And he's still doing it, btw.

Quote: their website's info:
http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyar...ens-if-a-bird-I-purchase-from-My-Pet-H16.aspx
To report an error, first be sure you are reporting during the correct reporting period! Early or late reports can't be taken.
  • Sexing errors must be reported when the birds are 10 to 17 weeks old.
  • Sexing errors for Silkies only must be reported when the Silkies are 19 - 29 weeks old
Second, to make your report, email us or give us a call, toll free, at 888-460-1529.

their website's info:
http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyar...ens-if-a-bird-I-purchase-from-My-Pet-H16.aspx
To report an error, first be sure you are reporting during the correct reporting period! Early or late reports can't be taken.
  • Sexing errors must be reported when the birds are 10 to 17 weeks old.
  • Sexing errors for Silkies only must be reported when the Silkies are 19 - 29 weeks old
Second, to make your report, email us or give us a call, toll free, at 888-460-1529.
Yep. My email was to ask them when the period would be for my order, so I could revisit whether or not he was still acting like a male at that point.

Everything was fine until they forwarded me an email chain from Mary Jane to Jordana, one employee to another. When I read that, I was very offended.

Oh come on guys!! I can see it but where's the pic of the actual layed Egg!!

lol...
yuckyuck.gif

so the egg in the middle all by itself is the egg she laid...next time i will get a pic of it on the ground....sorry...

The girls had their first field trip today, I think they enjoyed themselves.

The coop is coming along nicely.

I'm hoping to get most of the construction done tomorrow, then getting the painting done, the white is just primer.

Back
Top Bottom