INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Going to be working on our page tonight, If anyone needs updates or changes send me a PM. I know I have 1 member to add.

I now breed buff orps as well as Rhode Island reds I bought Dominique chicks and light brahmas so spring I'll be breeding them too my goal is to become a breeder hatchury

Pretty much decided to name the new Royal Palm tom "Puff the Magic". He's on our back porch in quarantine but has gone through the screen door a couple brief instances this afternoon and also went on a tour through all of the open doors in the house this morning. Not eating particularly well and have him on about 4ccs of Liquamycin 200 daily to help clear up a respiratory problem (because we can't seem to find Tylan anywhere). Vermi tried two times today to intimidate him through the screen door, but he still wants to get out and meet her more formally (more than likely "intimately" as well). He's super tall and lanky and, after being around only broad breasted breeds, holy moly, he seems like such a graceful ballerina of a man. His legs are so long and lanky that even our girls (who are younger than him) have much thicker, manlier feet and builds. They probably outweigh him by at least three times. I'm not used to thinking of them as birdzillas, but I suppose they are
love.gif

Other than Vermi (who knew) nobody seems to have a problem with him. He was a bit shy, but once he's quieted, he does calmly accept petting. To my knowledge, he hasn't eaten or drank since we've received him, but I'm hoping that once his sinuses drain out a bit, and he can see and breathe a bit better, his appetite will return. He seems like a pretty sweet boy and has--so far--been very companionable and submissive with the girls.

Hey guys. Okay so Chicky's silkies.... for starters, the bottom is a bearded partridge roo. Now the top bird in her pics is questionable. I am leaning boy due to the red in the wings. However, I'm not seeing the comb I usually see at this age. A full body picture is necessary to be sure. Also I believe the reason behind the lack of crest on the top bird is the result of pecking order disputes. Some of my very large crested girls have very thin crests right now from the boys and from the other hens picking. If the top silkie is a hen, that would account for the smaller crest. At this age you would know if you have a boy I think. Now for the wattles comments. My birds are all bearded, so , the boys will have little wattles, but not super prominent. Pip's roo Reuben is a non bearded paint rooster. I got him from shipped eggs last year when I was adding paint to my flock. When he grew out non bearded, I decided to rehome him as I am not breeding non bearded silkies. Okay hope that clears everything up. Have a nice week everyone.

I'm going to throw this out there one more time, anyone interested in a jubilee orpington roo? I'm processing this weekend and he's on the list.

Back
Top Bottom