INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your dog - hope it is well on the mend.

We met some very nice people, but I didn't sell a single bird ... very disappointing. It was just too cold to stay for the entire day, so we left close to 1:30pm. If I had known more about the show, I would have come down towards the end of it. Ah well, live and learn!

Well, I have too many birds. Looks like some will have to wind up in the freezer unless I get some interested buyers over the next two weeks.
Thanks this isn't Buddy first entanglement with the "bad dogs".... that's all I have to say and he is on it if he don't see it first. Didnt like that fact that he went over the fence to get it but that is the nature of the breed so cant really say too much.
Buddy is going to be find, really just a scratch, but I am one of those worriers.... lol I even called the vet to check on his rabies and such and got a script of antibiotics for him. My vet knows us so well I didn't even have to take Buddy in to see him, he just gave me the pills. Which saved me from an office visit.

He got his favorite food ( taco bell shredded chicken burrito ) Without the dough. and a chocolate square for dessert. I know they arent susposed to have that but Buddy has proven to me ( without my approval ) he can have it.
Now he sleeps next to me and will till he feels better, not that he is sick, he gets his dew claws trimmed and he thinks the world has come to an end and wants his mommy... lol
AH! I knew I saw those fibro phoenixes!! Wish I had gone over to chat now!
barnie.gif
Sorry you had no luck selling, though.
hmm.png

I am also fairly sure I saw @CCCCCCCCHICKENS , although I wasn't 100% sure so I 'chickened out' of going over to her because I'm too shy.
hide.gif
I didn't see anyone else. Seems like that happens every time, though.

My mom and sister and I went to look, not to buy, and I stuck to that even though there were a LOT of temptations... So many pretty birds there...
love.gif
I'm just going to have to get a good quarantine space figured out for next year--all those bantams were so hard to resist!
love.gif
Call ducks, and OEGBs, and Cochin bantams, and even Seramas...
love.gif
And there were Cream Light Brown Dutch bantams, too!
droolin.gif
Those were probably the hardest for me to pass up, even if there were only roosters!

Anyway, it was fun. Tiring, but fun.
big_smile.png
I love seeing all the birds in person. Pictures just can't do them justice! The Ameraucana showing was pretty nice this year, just one Easter-egger in the mix. Loved all the little banties in the show as well. And as always, I'm impressed with how big some of those LF roosters get to be! Makes the boys I've owned look positively tiny!
Sounds like real fun. Wish I could have made it, I should just stop making planes to do stuff and just do it, then maybe nothing will come up to stop me... lol

Sorry to hear your dog was wounded, but Good Dog! I'd say he earned a steak.
Love the egg colors, awesome!

Possums here too, had one circling around my empty shed after dark last night.

Beautiful silkies!

I think the cold settling in has folks winterizing. I messed with it all day and have more tomorrow. And that always make me hesitate to add new birds too.
He got his favorite food ( taco bell shredded chicken burrito ) Without the dough. and a chocolate square for dessert. I know they arent susposed to have that but Buddy has proven to me ( without my approval ) he can have it.
Now he sleeps next to me and will till he feels better, not that he is sick, he gets his dew claws trimmed and he thinks the world has come to an end and wants his mommy... lol
All I got to do is get my Marens to start lying and get a couple more BR for my pink eggs and my basket will be great!!!

I really want to go to some shows too, its the LF roosters I want to see most. I am still really interested in white rocks too.

I seem to do best with fertility, 5 hens to 1 roo. Any less, I try to pull the roo out a few times a month, give the girls a break.

Hey, good to see you post!
frow.gif
I have a couple White Rooks and I love them. 1 of them is developing an bad attitude that if she don't lose real fast she will be out of here, but the other 6 are great. Thats a breed I will always keep.

Forgive the terrible picture quality, did not use a flash, was concerned it would startle them.
Meet Bacon & Bits! Tiny lil weener piglets. They are checking out the new bed before I even put bedding in!

Rushing in to check out what is going in there, LOL! Very calm lil fellas. Bits is smaller and scrappier, really dominant.
am keeping 2 food pans and 2 large water dishes going so there's no more fighting! Bits starts it, Bacon bites him!
lol Bacon and Bits huh?? Thats funny. They are cute.

Hi, thanks. I have been really busy with school, work, hobbies, etc that I pretty much just get on if someone tags me
sad.png
. I miss it sometimes
Haha, nice seeing you too! I got a couple different things
smile.png

-a pair of giant homer piegons
-a pair of flying roller piegons
- a pair of white Plymouth rocks
-1 LF black ameraucana pullet (I was going to buy two others, but they sold them before I could get over there)

Oh and I bought that big six hole cage that was sitting beside me
boy you went to buy .... and did.

Scissor beak update: I had to cull her today, she was starving and could no longer drink. She was really bad, and even the vet said nothing I could have done for the severe of a deformity. I am pretty sure I figured out what hen was throwing it so I have pulled her from the breeding pen. She now lives with the layer flock. I hope its the right hen. guess I will find out for sure next season.

Waddles has a bad sneeze and is taking meds for that, and NOT ONE BIT HAPPY about it either.. lol
Still havent got him moved to the dog yard because of all the ISO birds being in there right now thanks to the Polish I ran out of room and ISO houses so the yard is i for now. So I have to go chase Bob away from him several times a day. No fun for any of us.
His mew woman is growing but slowly, seems to me Waddles and the first hen grew allot faster than this one????

Einstein (1 of the polish ) is going to a new home tomorrow along with my last 2 chicks, other than the chicks I am keeping that is. And Mozart will be staying, he is my cuddle bug.

Got all but 1 house ready for winter, the Silkies and other Bantams have their heat source if its needed, and the chicks I'm keeping have heat, I'm not satisfied with the house part of their pen so will have to put DH on that but all in all I'm 3/4 the way ready for winter.
celebrate.gif

@chick rookie - Polish was the only breed I saw at the show that tempted me. I love the Tolblunts. But it has taken me about four years to figure out what I want to concentrate on as a breeder, and I am sticking with Ohiki. :) I will also work on my line of fibro phoenix - they are so gorgeous and their disposition is sweet.

But it was fun to see all those beautiful birds yesterday!

@chick rookie - Polish was the only breed I saw at the show that tempted me. I love the Tolblunts. But it has taken me about four years to figure out what I want to concentrate on as a breeder, and I am sticking with Ohiki.
smile.png
I will also work on my line of fibro phoenix - they are so gorgeous and their disposition is sweet.

But it was fun to see all those beautiful birds yesterday!
I love Polish too but I had planed on waiting till we get moved ( just not enough room here ) to get any BUT!!!!! Some jerk dropped 2 roo's over my fence while I wasn't looking. So I'm keeping 1 he is a cuddle bug and rehoming the other. Will wait to get him some hens till we move. IF no one else plans differently.
he.gif

Sorry you didn't get to sell your birds.

Had a great time at the show yesterday and got to see a lot of beautiful birds. Picked up this awesome pair of tolblunt polish for @pbirdhaven and I love them, they are so unique in their coloring. Meet

PEBBLES AND BAMBAM ( they were a little camera shy this morning).

it was also nice to meet one of my fellow BYC members, and put a face to the name. Hope everyone has a great day. On our way out to pick up a new coop, will post some pics of it later!!!!

Haha, nice seeing you too! I got a couple different things :) -a pair of giant homer piegons -a pair of flying roller piegons - a pair of white Plymouth rocks -1 LF black ameraucana pullet (I was going to buy two others, but they sold them before I could get over there) Oh and I bought that big six hole cage that was sitting beside me
Nice! :D Too bad about the other two Ams, but you at least got one. And the Plymouth Rocks, are they some of the HUUUUGE ones like what were in the show?
Honestly, both! I raise my hogs like pets. They get ear rubs, back scratches, belly rubs. They get names. In 8 months to a year, when they weigh around 350 pounds they have 1 "bad day". That happens here also, I do not want them to suffer and have to know its done humanely. Any animal meant as food will not leave here to be processed. I feel that strongly about it, and owe them that for feeding my family. My last adult boar, BP (Big PIg) now lives with @barb s he is such a good fella, I just couldn't process him. He has fantastic temperament.. My nephew giving BP a rubdown lol! He would nuzzle your leg and flop at your feet, PET ME!! I had intended him as a breeder here but didn't have space to hold him another year.
:thumbsup I think I finally have someone else in my family on board with the idea, too! Mom and I were talking about raising some meat birds, we've both just got to get up the gumption and do it. Personally, I decided a few weeks ago that I had had enough of the commercial chicken industry, and I haven't eaten a factory farmed chicken since. Still struggling to get the factory farmed eggs out of my diet, though. I have a few things that I'm just weak for. One of them is cookies. :oops: But this one place that sells REALLY good cookies is selling cookie mix now, so I can use my girls' eggs in them. :celebrate
MAN!!!!!!! I just went out to open up the houses and such...................... I had to BREAK ICE!!!! :rant :mad: NO I'm not ready for that BC!!!!!!!
NO KIDDING! :rant I forgot to dump the Guineas' water bucket last night and it had ice on it this morning! UGH!
Had a great time at the show yesterday and got to see a lot of beautiful birds. Picked up this awesome pair of tolblunt polish for @pbirdhaven and I love them, they are so unique in their coloring. Meet PEBBLES AND BAMBAM ( they were a little camera shy this morning). it was also nice to meet one of my fellow BYC members, and put a face to the name. Hope everyone has a great day. On our way out to pick up a new coop, will post some pics of it later!!!!
I saw them for sale as I was going through, such beautiful birds! :love Congrats!

Thanks this isn't Buddy first entanglement with the "bad dogs".... that's all I have to say and he is on it if he don't see it first. Didnt like that fact that he went over the fence to get it but that is the nature of the breed so cant really say too much. Buddy is going to be find, really just a scratch, but I am one of those worriers.... lol I even called the vet to check on his rabies and such and got a script of antibiotics for him. My vet knows us so well I didn't even have to take Buddy in to see him, he just gave me the pills. Which saved me from an office visit. He got his favorite food ( taco bell shredded chicken burrito ) Without the dough. and a chocolate square for dessert. I know they arent susposed to have that but Buddy has proven to me ( without my approval ) he can have it. Now he sleeps next to me and will till he feels better, not that he is sick, he gets his dew claws trimmed and he thinks the world has come to an end and wants his mommy... lol Sounds like real fun. Wish I could have made it, I should just stop making planes to do stuff and just do it, then maybe nothing will come up to stop me... lol He got his favorite food ( taco bell shredded chicken burrito ) Without the dough. and a chocolate square for dessert. I know they arent susposed to have that but Buddy has proven to me ( without my approval ) he can have it. Now he sleeps next to me and will till he feels better, not that he is sick, he gets his dew claws trimmed and he thinks the world has come to an end and wants his mommy... lol All I got to do is get my Marens to start lying and get a couple more BR for my pink eggs and my basket will be great!!! I have a couple White Rooks and I love them. 1 of them is developing an bad attitude that if she don't lose real fast she will be out of here, but the other 6 are great. Thats a breed I will always keep. lol Bacon and Bits huh?? Thats funny. They are cute. boy you went to buy .... and did. Scissor beak update: I had to cull her today, she was starving and could no longer drink. She was really bad, and even the vet said nothing I could have done for the severe of a deformity. I am pretty sure I figured out what hen was throwing it so I have pulled her from the breeding pen. She now lives with the layer flock. I hope its the right hen. guess I will find out for sure next season. Waddles has a bad sneeze and is taking meds for that, and NOT ONE BIT HAPPY about it either.. lol Still havent got him moved to the dog yard because of all the ISO birds being in there right now thanks to the Polish I ran out of room and ISO houses so the yard is i for now. So I have to go chase Bob away from him several times a day. No fun for any of us. His mew woman is growing but slowly, seems to me Waddles and the first hen grew allot faster than this one???? Einstein (1 of the polish ) is going to a new home tomorrow along with my last 2 chicks, other than the chicks I am keeping that is. And Mozart will be staying, he is my cuddle bug. Got all but 1 house ready for winter, the Silkies and other Bantams have their heat source if its needed, and the chicks I'm keeping have heat, I'm not satisfied with the house part of their pen so will have to put DH on that but all in all I'm 3/4 the way ready for winter. :celebrate
That's odd that you have a mean rock. Is she hatchery stock? They are the only ones I have seen have aggression problems. They are a very sweet breed. Surprisingly one of my smaller loads home from this show. I only showed 6 chickens, so I didn't take my enclosed trailer. Big mistake considering how cramped every thing was on the way home. The cage strapped to the roof made an annoying whistling sound all the way home.
Nice! :D Too bad about the other two Ams, but you at least got one. And the Plymouth Rocks, are they some of the HUUUUGE ones like what were in the show? :thumbsup I think I finally have someone else in my family on board with the idea, too! Mom and I were talking about raising some meat birds, we've both just got to get up the gumption and do it. Personally, I decided a few weeks ago that I had had enough of the commercial chicken industry, and I haven't eaten a factory farmed chicken since. Still struggling to get the factory farmed eggs out of my diet, though. I have a few things that I'm just weak for. One of them is cookies. :oops: But this one place that sells REALLY good cookies is selling cookie mix now, so I can use my girls' eggs in them. :celebrate NO KIDDING! :rant I forgot to dump the Guineas' water bucket last night and it had ice on it this morning! UGH! I saw them for sale as I was going through, such beautiful birds! :love Congrats!
Yes they will have very good size to them. At 6ish months they are bigger than hatchery birds and still have a lot of filling out to do. All rocks should have that giant look to them.

Back
Top Bottom