INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Looking for fertile egg trade. We will be incubating soon and need some more diversity, any color and size is okay. Need at least thirty minutes away from North Vernon, Indiana. Not sure how many to trade for, no more than a couple dozen i suppose. I have bantams large fowl olive eggers and some polish so i believe it will be a good trade. I have 3 feathered footed roosters and i cochin and 1 cochin mix and another olive egger mix. I keep my polish sepparated in a different coop. We have 7 feather footed hens one white cochin and 4 brahmas and 2 wyondotte brahma mixes. We have reds and blacks one buff too. We are just looking for unrelated eggs that are fetile. We like to do this every year. Hop we can trade :).

Hey everyone.
I don't post much but this Fri. I should have a hatch of Jersey Giants pipping! Just a little jazzed up lol. I already have 7 and hatching 20.
I'm in Auburn so if your ever this way gimme a shout.
If anyone might be interested in a giant let me know.

Looking for fertile egg trade. We will be incubating soon and need some more diversity, any color and size is okay. Need at least thirty minutes away from North Vernon, Indiana. Not sure how many to trade for, no more than a couple dozen i suppose. I have bantams large fowl olive eggers and some polish so i believe it will be a good trade. I have 3 feathered footed roosters and i cochin and 1 cochin mix and another olive egger mix. I keep my polish sepparated in a different coop. We have 7 feather footed hens one white cochin and 4 brahmas and 2 wyondotte brahma mixes. We have reds and blacks one buff too. We are just looking for unrelated eggs that are fetile. We like to do this every year. Hop we can trade :).
Welcome to the thread! I need more chicks like I need a steel-toe cleat to the face, but yours do sound lovely. I ran a test hatch of sorts in my new incubator and am now overrun with little mixes (vast majority are all or part Cochin and Brahma). Due to the 10-free-straight-run deal at Rural King, I now have more light Brahma chicks, too, and plan to use them and the adults I have next spring for sexlinked babies.

We have two older chicks who look to be dark Brahma roo over Wyandotte hens, and I'm calling the pullet Valentine because she has little black hearts on her chest feathers. May wind up keeping the EE/DB cross; he's shaping up to be huge like his daddy Wun Wun (who's still the tallest rooster I've ever seen).

Hey everyone.
I don't post much but this Fri. I should have a hatch of Jersey Giants pipping! Just a little jazzed up lol. I already have 7 and hatching 20.

Welcome to the thread! I just recently got my first JG chick but we'll have to wait and see how she turns out (may be yet another Australorp in disguise).

we will be doing our first big hatch of 2016 - setting eggs saturday to be due by Easter. IowaBlue, Chantecler, EEs, & Bielefelders.
msg me if anyone wants dibs on the chicks .
Also am looking for a houdan chick/pullet - maybe could trade after the easter hatch-a-long if anyone has one to trade for.

Friendly pot belly pig for sale, 3 years old, has one half an ear
Message me for details
West Terre haute

Looks like I was duped on the AMs again too. 2 are laying olive drab eggs. Pretty but obviously not true AMs.

Are they Lavenders? I've heard that some lines of Lavenders still have issues with green eggs popping up. If not, then yep, looks like you have some pretty olive eggers instead.

Wow thats so big for such a little duck! Double yolker maybe? Congrats on her first egg!

I don't know, I just sat it on a napkin on the counter last night after taking pictures and went back to bed. I'll have to open it to see for sure, but it doesn't look like there are two yolks (the membrane is somewhat see-through, but not quite enough so to be sure). :D

ok time for one of my dumb questions... lol
Can you eat those soft eggs??? I always throw them away. 

Nah, no such thing as dumb questions! I don't know about anyone else, but I don't eat the soft shelled eggs like that. Too much risk of contamination without the shell on it, in my opinion. I just held onto it because it's my li'l ducky's first try at it. I'm a proud ducky mama. :love

Edited to add, oh, and congrats on the future move!! :D You took my advice, right? :lol:

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Not too far from you, Noble/Whitley line area. Welcome. Those giants intrigue me.

Back
Top Bottom