INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Well my eggs were frozen this morning and several cracked. I went to collect eggs and realized I'd left my eggs and basket on the porch, DUH :barnie. I do a lot more cooking and baking once the cold freezing temps hit. I've started doing breakfast casseroles and other meals, freezing for busy times. So, since I used all my eggs yesterday I missed my 2 eggs and toast for breakfast! Nobody had laid an egg yet. So yogurt is what was for breakfast.

Well my eggs were frozen this morning and several cracked. I went to collect eggs and realized I'd left my eggs and basket on the porch, DUH :barnie. I do a lot more cooking and baking once the cold freezing temps hit. I've started doing breakfast casseroles and other meals, freezing for busy times. So, since I used all my eggs yesterday I missed my 2 eggs and toast for breakfast! Nobody had laid an egg yet. So yogurt is what was for breakfast.

Surprisingly i'm down 1 egg today too.

Today was the 1st day that one of my leghorns skipped. Probably Tillie since she's been laying daily since Sept 2018. (Seriously she never skipped a single day until today. A 416 day streak!!!!) Of course I can't be certain it was Tillie who took the day off. Millie (my other leghorn) could have skipped today, but she just started Oct 8, 2019.

I wonder if this means that Tillie will stop to molt or just slow down for a few months while molting like my former Leghorn did. Amazing production either way.

Surprisingly i'm down 1 egg today too.

Today was the 1st day that one of my leghorns skipped. Probably Tillie since she's been laying daily since Sept 2018. (Seriously she never skipped a single day until today. A 416 day streak!!!!) Of course I can't be certain it was Tillie who took the day off. Millie (my other leghorn) could have skipped today, but she just started Oct 8, 2019.

I wonder if this means that Tillie will stop to molt or just slow down for a few months while molting like my former Leghorn did. Amazing production either way.
My Leghorns are little to Lay in Jan/Feb when we have that 8 hrs sunlight. Most are older girls so I'm ok with it. We will see what this years hatch does! 90% of my birds are yearlings now or younger. I know my Leghorn flock produces much more eggs than any other does. Yeah they are boring white eggs but dang. Those bright orange yolks taste awesome!

Hey guys, sry for not getting on in a while. But I was wondering if you guys have seen this with your hens. I have a small hen who is about 1 year old, she’s been fine until today when I found her laying on her side not wanting to move. I checked for broken legs or bumble foot, but nothing. It also isn’t egg binding. Thank you if you know anything!:)

My new calf's Mom is supposed to come later tonight! Cow neighbor had to pick up a load of hay, and is bringing her down after he unloads it. We offered to come up and help. He laughed and said "I have grandsons for that!" I'll share pictures of her tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom