INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

We are still seeing a few eggs everyday! Finally located the huge hidden Leghorn nest. Of course all but 2 were frozen and split open. We will keep them confined a week to remind them what nest boxes are.
Just wanted to mention I have 3 Nubian dairy goats I've decided not to keep. I do like the breed but just not for us. I prefer my Oberhasli, don't see a need to keep 2 goat breeds with 3 dairy cows. I've posted to Craigslist, but PM me if you have an interest.

Mama cow came home last night!
20191204_115059_Burst101.jpg

20191204_1214251.jpg

I chose her name to be Gracie. She is a 2nd freshen, about 3 years old. Calm, sweet soul and very gentle. Her calf Molly was bouncing around her as soon as she went into the pasture! will post better pictures soon. She is a little thin and I suspect might be worms. I will quarantine for at least 2 months to make sure she is healthy and gets weight on.

Yay, mama cow! :celebrate She's in some good hands to get her back to health! :)

And I just noticed your other post about eggs. Glad you found the nest, but too bad they were all frozen! :hmm We were doing pretty well for eggs here and then one of the last three adult hens laying went into molt, and another went broody in December, and only one of the five pullets is actually laying regularly... Then practically everyone decided it was a good idea to have eggs for breakfast yesterday.... So, long story short I'm down to a total of 6 eggs left in the egg basket as of right now. :th

Wanted to share a few of the pictures I took yesterday of the flock. :) My girls. :love

look at all them chickens.jpg

Fancy the Partridge Plymouth Rock:

Fancy.jpg

Flury Floofle-Poofles being cute. :love Large fowl splash Cochin

Flury floofles.jpg

Perdita, my twisty-legged Red Dorking hen, lounging:

Perdita lounging.jpg

Rooska, Lavender Orpington. Look at this face! :love She saw me and immediately did an about-face for some attention. Gotta love those Orps! :love

Rooska looking for cuddles.jpg

Nadine, Black Copper Marans, next to one of my OEGB pullets, Vega :love They're so small!

Nadine and Vega big and smol.jpg

Vega is an absolute darling. :love :love Not gonna lie, I took a ton of pictures of her yesterday. :p These were the cutest:

Vega seriously cuddling.jpg
Vega keeping warm.jpg

Lastly, the last of my Guinea fowl. Over the summer, something attacked the Guinea flock (I suspect a neighbor dog, but I only saw it in a flash as it ran away and can't be sure), and only these four found their way home that night. :( I'm just amazed I managed to get all four of them to pose without anyone moving. :p

Guinea flock.jpg

@Faraday40 That like from you just reminded me I forgot to add these pictures to that post! :th Silkied Cochins! :D The boys and Roxy are molting, and of course Donna is never cooperative for pictures, so it's just Abra and Rowena, but they're sure looking spiffy these days! :love :love

View attachment 1975091 View attachment 1975093
I love those little fluff balls! Thanks for sharing their pics for me!

Perhaps someday I'll add a bantam cochin to my flock. Right now my kids have silkied seramas & they seem to reproduce like Tribbles. (In fact I named one Tribble.) I think I'd get in over my head if we had cochins. My bantam orp Cookie is broody enough, so as long as she's with me, I don't have a need for a cochin. .... That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.
* Of course I LOVE the Cochin shape & appearance, so that's why I need you to keep posting them.

Wanted to share a few of the pictures I took yesterday of the flock. :) My girls. :love

View attachment 1975036

Fancy the Partridge Plymouth Rock:

View attachment 1975033

Flury Floofle-Poofles being cute. :love Large fowl splash Cochin

View attachment 1975034

Perdita, my twisty-legged Red Dorking hen, lounging:

View attachment 1975038

Rooska, Lavender Orpington. Look at this face! :love She saw me and immediately did an about-face for some attention. Gotta love those Orps! :love

View attachment 1975039

Nadine, Black Copper Marans, next to one of my OEGB pullets, Vega :love They're so small!

View attachment 1975037

Vega is an absolute darling. :love :love Not gonna lie, I took a ton of pictures of her yesterday. :p These were the cutest:

View attachment 1975042 View attachment 1975040

Lastly, the last of my Guinea fowl. Over the summer, something attacked the Guinea flock (I suspect a neighbor dog, but I only saw it in a flash as it ran away and can't be sure), and only these four found their way home that night. :( I'm just amazed I managed to get all four of them to pose without anyone moving. :p

View attachment 1975035
LOVE your OEGB :loveI sure miss mine.

Back
Top Bottom