INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

How did she become blind?
I don't know. In that emergency threat I mentioned before, I was told that there could be a link between vitamin deficiencies and cataracts, or it could be a genetic defect. I'm actually leaning towards an issue with the hatchery because the other black Maran I got at the same time has also developed cataracts, And all the other chicks I got from the same hatchery are perfectly normal. So if anyone wants the black Maran for free who's almost blind, send me a PM.
20210507_115319.jpg

I don't know. In that emergency threat I mentioned before, I was told that there could be a link between vitamin deficiencies and cataracts, or it could be a genetic defect. I'm actually leaning towards an issue with the hatchery because the other black Maran I got at the same time has also developed cataracts, And all the other chicks I got from the same hatchery are perfectly normal. So if anyone wants the black Maran for free who's almost blind, send me a PM. View attachment 2700936
Maybe take a close up of their eyes. Potentially it could also be Mareks. 🤔 Hopefully not though. I will take a look at your other thread, maybe you already ruled that out?

Yes, we did. It's the pupil that is turning gray, not the iris.
Yeah, I just found your thread. Hopefully you find a good home for this one as well. I'm about as far north as you can get in IN - otherwise I'd take her. Of course there are so many chickens out there that I want, but they are too far away. 😄

Here are my newest chickies. I got fertile eggs from a friend and let one of my broody muscovy hatch them. I only got 2 out of 8 eggs to hatch and be viable (going on 2 weeks now). I didn't realize polish chicks were so small and fragile. I think my duck would have been a great duck mom, but not a good chicken mom. The chickies are in a brooder most of the time, but they get quite a bit of outdoor time too since the weather has been pretty warm
Also, I still have 2 muscovy drakes that are needing homes. I've got a routine to keep the birds as happy as they can be, but when they need cooped up it takes a lot more effort.
20210608_190259_capture.jpg

Hey all,
I have a 3 ( almost 4) month old RIR rooster that I need to re home. He attacked my hens when I tried to integrate them in the coop. He is free to a good home. The picture is a few weeks old. His comb and wattles are much bigger now and he is starting to get the green feathers on his tail. My boyfriend is only giving him until noon tomorrow and he will be culled.

Attachments

• A8D069DE-8EE2-44CF-9F12-5D07B59D4843.jpeg
    A8D069DE-8EE2-44CF-9F12-5D07B59D4843.jpeg
    769 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom