Indiana Chicken People (list)

Hi, I am a first year chicken lover. I have 12 road island reds. I think one roo and 11 hens. or I hope it is that way, I live in sw indiana on the ohio river.

frow.gif
Rhodeisland

Have you heard about the meet-up in Indy?
If not, here's the link

Oh me me me me add me to the list please.
big_smile.png

Im from Columbia City, Indiana.
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif

------------------------

I dont know if yall have been having a hard time finding good egg laying chicks like I have but just incase I wanted to mention where I finally struck gold by finding a place that sells a nice variety of good egg laying chicks.
jumpy.gif

My vet told me about the grain co-op in South Whitley Indiana right beside the rail road tracks on high way 5 right smack in South Whitley. Easy to find.
D.gif

I went there last week and this week getting chicks. When I was there a few days ago they had plenty of chicks left like buff orrs, australorps, amacanas, wydottes, barred rocks. (yeah I know I misspelled them).
smack.gif

The man said they are about 90-95% sure all the chicks are female. I dont know how they sex them but some how they get it right most of the time.
idunno.gif

South Whitley is a little town about 25 miles from Ft Wayne on highways 14 and 5. If you happen to live in this part of Indiana and want some good egg laying chicks you should check them out. The guy there is nice and knowledgable about the chickens.
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom