Indiana Chicken People (list)

Quote:
Hi, I have contacted a lady from north of Louisville, KY that was selling frizzled cochins on Craigslist. She has both frizzled and smooth. I will probably getting some eggs or chicks from her later in a year. If you are interested I can p.m. you her e-mail. Her ad is not showing up on Craigslist anymore. I had no luck finding anyone closer with frizzles.

Last edited:
I live approx 1 hour west of Indy off 74.

Also have the show quality giant cochins in blues, blacks and splashes for 25.00 ea. They are 8 months old and pullets are just starting to lay.

I sell to 4-h members and people who want quality birds. If interested just let me know.......

Also have chickens, ducks and turkeys so if you want a barnyard mix I can fix you up....
lol.png

Last edited:
I'm in the Lafayette area and am looking for 4H-ers or anyone else who'd like to buy some of my extras! Anywhere from Attica to Lafayette, Crawfordsville, Indy, and Gary.

* Jersey Giants, Bobbi Porto line: These guys will have their adult plumage, and impressive size, by summer fair season. They're already as large as my Buckeye hens.
- 5 month-old pair: 1 splash Giant roo and 1 blue Giant pullet, nice black eyes, yellow soled feet, good size - $30
- 3-month old splash Giant pullet - $15
* Crevecoeur (French breed, black with huge, fluffy crests, about the size of a leghorn or smaller)
- pet-quality rooster, calm + nice, $15
- runty rooster, extra small, very sweet personality, perky, $5
* Buckeye
- 3-month old Buckeye pullet, $10

Price includes cost of me delivering the chickens to you by car
smile.png
which as we know is considerable.

I am going to be so happy when gas prices come back down again (fingers crossed)!

(765) 762-6955 - Katherine.

Hello Indiana People!
frow.gif

I'm from Michigan but I'm coming to Huntington,IN for a rabbit show this coming weekend. I'm trying to locate some nice Speckled sussex hens or pullets while I'm down that way. Does anyone have any or know of someone who has some?
Thanks!

Hi RIRJen! Make sure you watch the weather....we are expecting 20" of snow with 45 mph winds in the next few days. Sorry, don't know of anyone with Speckled Sussex, maybe someone else will chime in soon. Good Luck.
frow.gif

KevinL here in good ole Terre Haute Indiana

Nothing says country boy like living in a city and STILL having gardens and chickens. I soooo need to move outside the city
wink.png
Anyways we have 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Aurucana, and 4 Buff Orp. Just got them last night and they already seem quite content. Wish us Luck as we enter the HOMESTEAD REALM

Also from Indiana (southwest, just north of Evansville)! I am new "again" to raising chickens. I had a few a couple years ago in a chicken tractor, but I didn't have a lot of success. I am going at it on a slightly larger scale this time and I am really looking forward to it.

I don't have them yet, but I ordered 30 chicks.

Speckled Sussex
Mottled Java
Buckeye
Buff Orpington
Delaware
Dominique

Wish I would have done a little more research before I pulled the trigger and bought from a hatchery...but I think it'll be fine for me to get started with!

Back
Top Bottom