Indiana Chickenfest 2014

Reposting with updates....Haven't figured out what to bring food-wise yet.

Hi all,
’m getting excited about
yippiechickie.gif
Chickenfest.
yippiechickie.gif
It seemed like a good time to sit back and evaluate my flock to see who fits into my future plans and needs to be kept, and who doesn’t fit in.

Having done that, I figured I’d list out what I have available. I can bring them to chickenfest if anyone wants me to, or if you are interested before that, just let me know.

Laying hens – All are 1-1.5 years old ($20ea)
2 Silver Leghorns – lg white egg
1 Egyptian Fayoumi – sm cream egg
1 Golden Penciled Hamburg – sm cream egg
4 Dark Cornish – sm brown egg
1 Gold Laced Polish – md white egg (SOLD)
1 Buff Laced Polish – md white egg (SOLD)

POL pullets – some have just started laying ($15ea)
4 California White – lg white egg
Several American Bresse x Cream Legbar – md blue to olive green eggs

I also have Roos available of course:
American Bresse ($5)
Black Copper Marans ($5)
Heritage RIR ($5)

Welcome!! It is an Indiana BYCer meetup and I'm sure you would be welcomed with open arms! We have a sign up link earlier in the thread to list what food you are bringing, poultry you have for sale or trade and a head count so we can plan for numbers.

LL

some info about the iowa blue hatching eggs we will bring to chickenfest:
#1: the silver pencil color is the breed standard color. we have only hatched 2 silvers in two hatches thus far. we have had more of the smokey & birchen colors + a few of the rarest charcoal color - so no guarantee of color from the eggs or hatching rate %age
#2 : we asking $18.oo / dozen or $9 / half dozen
#3 : Disclaimer - our EE roo generally only interested in the EE hens or our Chantacler hen, so being a "mixed" flock, i cannot guarantee 100% absolute purity , but it is highly likely they are
Let me know if still any interest

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom