Indiana~ What Kind of Chickens do You Have???

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by 4boysmama, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 4boysmama

4boysmama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I am semi-new (3 years) to the "chicken world" but by the Spring, plan on getting MORE CHICKENS!

I was wondering, all of you who are from Indiana, what kinds of chickens do you have? Or heck , animals for that matter!

I have Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Americaunas, and a pair of Mille Fleur. I also have Jacob sheep and dogs and cats...

By the Spring, I hope to get some Nankin and/ or Cubalaya, maybe more! I like Heritage Breeds...

So how about you all? [​IMG]

2. gkeesling

gkeesling Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Hagerstown, IN
    I'm in Hagerstown (East Central Indiana) and have 12 Plymouth Barr Rocks, 1 Black Astrolorp, 2 RIR, and 6 Black Sex Links - all laying hens. I also have 9 steers I grow for beef, one barn cat, and one rabbit that we keep for our grand-daughter.

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I"m in West Central. We have silkies, d'uccles,cochins,Old english,Bantam Ameraucana's. 7 horses,5 dogs,4 cats, 1 ferret, 1 rabbit,and 3 geckos

4. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    West of New Castle. Hens (1 each): Delaware, Lakenvelder, EE, BO, Cuckoo Maran, Golden Campine, Golden Lace Wyandotte. I Lakenvelder rooster. Two cats, an English Shepherd and an African Grey parrot.

5. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG]....welcome....I'm in S.E Indiana, Sunman to be exact. We currently have 30+ in our flock....Hens...RIR's, BO's, SLW's, Barred Rocks, cochins (black /blue/lavender) RIR/Partridge rock mix, an EE, wellsummers, a sicilian buttercup and australorps, Our roos consist of a very protective Partridge Rock, 3 hilarious oegb's, and 3 cochins. Our other furbabies include 10 dogs, 9 cats, lovebirds, 6 ND and 4 EA rabbits, 4 peafowl, and a chinchilla. We are hoping to get two nigi goats in the next month....Oh and 5 kids....lol [​IMG]

6. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    Rural Lafayette (Dayton to be exact).........we had (until last wks processing) around 30. We keep EE's and silver laced wyandottes for meat and egg. We had dairy goats until a few years ago and will be taking that back up when fencing is under control:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by