Indiana~ What Kind of Chickens do You Have???

4boysmama

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
NE Indiana
I am semi-new (3 years) to the "chicken world" but by the Spring, plan on getting MORE CHICKENS!

I was wondering, all of you who are from Indiana, what kinds of chickens do you have? Or heck , animals for that matter!

I have Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Americaunas, and a pair of Mille Fleur. I also have Jacob sheep and dogs and cats...

By the Spring, I hope to get some Nankin and/ or Cubalaya, maybe more! I like Heritage Breeds...

So how about you all?
big_smile.png

I'm in Hagerstown (East Central Indiana) and have 12 Plymouth Barr Rocks, 1 Black Astrolorp, 2 RIR, and 6 Black Sex Links - all laying hens. I also have 9 steers I grow for beef, one barn cat, and one rabbit that we keep for our grand-daughter.

West of New Castle. Hens (1 each): Delaware, Lakenvelder, EE, BO, Cuckoo Maran, Golden Campine, Golden Lace Wyandotte. I Lakenvelder rooster. Two cats, an English Shepherd and an African Grey parrot.

frow.gif
....welcome....I'm in S.E Indiana, Sunman to be exact. We currently have 30+ in our flock....Hens...RIR's, BO's, SLW's, Barred Rocks, cochins (black /blue/lavender) RIR/Partridge rock mix, an EE, wellsummers, a sicilian buttercup and australorps, Our roos consist of a very protective Partridge Rock, 3 hilarious oegb's, and 3 cochins. Our other furbabies include 10 dogs, 9 cats, lovebirds, 6 ND and 4 EA rabbits, 4 peafowl, and a chinchilla. We are hoping to get two nigi goats in the next month....Oh and 5 kids....lol
big_smile.png

Rural Lafayette (Dayton to be exact).........we had (until last wks processing) around 30. We keep EE's and silver laced wyandottes for meat and egg. We had dairy goats until a few years ago and will be taking that back up when fencing is under control:)

Back
Top Bottom