Indio Gigante?

heidibee

Songster
5 Years
Mar 4, 2018
I got this pair from a duck rescue, I just needed a new rooster and liked how big he was not knowing much about the breed. She said they were Indio Gigante. I have no reason to doubt but I wonder how their standard to breed type are? The were dumped in a baseball field as chicks which is so strange. They're def the biggest and heaviest birds I have ever had, and are very chill!

20231004_175809.jpg
20231004_175727.jpg

xj1735.jpg

Indio Gigantes do vary in appearance. So he maybe. But he could also be an Oriental Cross.

Another possibility is he's just a Malay with high set tail, which is seen from time to time, but isn't exactly desired.

Interesting I appreciate the replies!! I'm unfamiliar with this type entirely.

I'll read up on Malay characters/ mostly interested in what to expect from personality and possibility of free ranging around guineas (no problem to give them seperate time).

I also have a bantam crew so it's fun to see their huge differences. This bantam hen came from the same place. They were penned in a large area with ducks and other roosters, all peaceful from what I saw. These two will live separate now. I saw him step on her in the crate on the car ride home and felt awful for her.
20231003_171133.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting I appreciate the replies!! I'm unfamiliar with this type entirely.

I'll read up on Malay characters/ mostly interested in what to expect from personality and possibility of free ranging around guineas (no problem to give them seperate time).

I also have a bantam crew also so it's fun to see their huge differences. This bantam hen came from the same place. They were penned in a large area with ducks and other roosters, all peaceful from what I saw. These two will live separate now. I saw him step on her in the crate on the car ride home and felt awful for her.
View attachment 3652150
They are a very interesting, & lovely breed too own. Also almost extinct.

I'm working on keeping, & preserve the Indian Malays, which are the originals before being bred to the SOP.
20221231_101156.jpg
20221231_101123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom