Indoor Aviaries

cameron

Songster
9 Years
Sep 5, 2010
Any of yall got pics of some indoor aviaries yall can post pics of? I'd like to keep a variety of finches indoors and am needing ideas.

I do therapy at one of the local nursing homes, and they have a glass curio cabinet that they've stripped the shelves out of, added perches and feeders, and it houses about a dozen or so finches. If I had to guess, I'd say that the dimentions of this big glass cabinet is about 8' tall, maybe 4' wide, and about 2 and a half feet front to back.

The finches dont seem stressed or overcrowded in this unit, but I'd like to hear from some other people before I made something like this. Any thoughts or ideas on what else would be good to use?

Thanks,
Cameron

Quote:
I have one that's about those dimensions. It's from http://www.oakcreekaviaries.com/ .

If you look at the list of models on there it's The Texan.

The_Texan.jpg

That's the pic from off the website. I had a picture somewhere of mine, but I can't find it to post at the moment. Looks like that though.

I got it from a lady who had got it from a nursing home somewhere.

Here's a pic that I happened to take the other night while we were without electricity from a winter storm and trying to keep from freezing to death (heater and heat lamps running on the generator) lol.... It's not a good pic of the aviary, but there it is anyhow for what it's worth.
lol.png

167633_10150135143580027_696695026_8330355_7040028_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom