Indoor Aviaries

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by cameron, Feb 6, 2011.

1. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Any of yall got pics of some indoor aviaries yall can post pics of? I'd like to keep a variety of finches indoors and am needing ideas.

I do therapy at one of the local nursing homes, and they have a glass curio cabinet that they've stripped the shelves out of, added perches and feeders, and it houses about a dozen or so finches. If I had to guess, I'd say that the dimentions of this big glass cabinet is about 8' tall, maybe 4' wide, and about 2 and a half feet front to back.

The finches dont seem stressed or overcrowded in this unit, but I'd like to hear from some other people before I made something like this. Any thoughts or ideas on what else would be good to use?

Thanks,
    Cameron

2. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Quote:I have one that's about those dimensions. It's from http://www.oakcreekaviaries.com/ .

If you look at the list of models on there it's The Texan.

[​IMG]
    That's the pic from off the website. I had a picture somewhere of mine, but I can't find it to post at the moment. Looks like that though.

I got it from a lady who had got it from a nursing home somewhere.

3. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Here's a pic that I happened to take the other night while we were without electricity from a winter storm and trying to keep from freezing to death (heater and heat lamps running on the generator) lol.... It's not a good pic of the aviary, but there it is anyhow for what it's worth. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by