Indoor chickens?

Sricher91

Chirping
Mar 22, 2018
I have two chickens (my only bantams) who would rather be inside. When I open the door they immediately come rushing in and catching them to put them outside is quite the task. They also like to snuggle they fly from the brooder (we bring them in at night) and try to come in my bed. They literally lay with me like a dog. Every time I put them back in the brooder they just fly back to my lap.

My Dominique’s will come in and check for a snack if they accidentally leave the door open but they ran back outside pretty quickly. Not these guys though!

My son just opened the door to go outside and they came running in and jumped onto the couch and are hanging out on my leg.

Anybody else have chickens that would rather be inside?

Attachments

• CF8AC53C-011F-4485-A139-F1B2BA21C5F5.jpeg
    CF8AC53C-011F-4485-A139-F1B2BA21C5F5.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 15
Nope! I have brought a couple of chickens inside for medical care and occasional visits with my chicken crazed son, but they are always eager to go back to the flock! It could be b/c my 2 little yorkies maul them with puppy kisses! :gig

I’ve heard a lot of people with indoor chickens, but you have to meet some requirements.
Chickens still need to go outside and socialize, so give them at least 2-3 hours a day outside. Maybe build a special smaller coop for them so they can run around for only a few hours a day.

Oh I kick their butts out all day! I couldn’t live with them pooping in my house all day :lau

We take them in at night because they are much smaller than our other birds. Otherwise they free range for the day but sneak in every opportunity that they get.

Back
Top Bottom