Indoor Turkey Pet Owners - How do you manage the poop?

coachmcguirk

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2020
How do indoor pet turkey owners manage the poop mess?

I have been watching videos from YouTube of indoor pet turkeys, but there is no explanation of how they deal with the poop. I know there are chicken diapers in the market, but do they sell turkey sized diapers? How often do turkeys poop? Do they produce cecal poop too?

You can get a turkey diaper! I got a custom made one from TheWellDressedChick on etsy that works great.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWellDressedChick
20200303_174640.jpg

Why though?
If it's possible, why not? Out of all the poultry I've raised Turkeys are the most loving and easy to tame I've had. Follow you around like puppies. If someone is willing to deal with the cons while providing proper care and enrichment with their Turkey, I see nothing weirder about it then a house chicken, duck or goose!

If it's possible, why not? Out of all the poultry I've raised Turkeys are the most loving and easy to tame I've had. Follow you around like puppies. If someone is willing to deal with the cons while providing proper care and enrichment with their Turkey, I see nothing weirder about it then a house chicken, duck or goose!
By the looks of the photo provided, that turkey has no room to be a turkey indoors. It’s sitting on a clothes hamper and the room is cluttered. IMO that is not how a turkey should live. Perhaps if it was injured, but not in a crammed space like that. Just personal preference I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom