Thank you. Is that on the breast tissue? So if you lift the wing up, it is actually on the body of the bird under the wing? @Wyorp Rock, @azygous, @Eggcessive, does that look like bruising to you? And do you agree it should resolve itself spontaneously over the course of about two weeks or so? Or do any of you have any suggestions about anything he could do to try to resolve it? Thanks.
Thanks for replying .means alot ♥️
It inside her wing on the wing part where you can see the wing bones on the muscles not on the breast.

Bruising from an injury, most likely. Warm compresses can give some relief from pain.
I found out tht it look like she got the damage from the dog bite .. it was not seenable before so now I have applied neosporin on her wound..it looks like a little hole

Discovering that this injury could be a puncture wound from a dog bite, is serious. Very serious. Infection is probably already well underway deep in the tissues surrounding the puncture. Very deadly bacteria resides in a dogs mouth. (Cats, too) You need to find an oral antibiotic as quickly as you can and get this chicken started on it.

You may need to find a vet to get it.Amoxicillin is a good one. 250mg per day for ten days or longer if the wound appears not to be healing.

Discovering that this injury could be a puncture wound from a dog bite, is serious. Very serious. Infection is probably already well underway deep in the tissues surrounding the puncture. Very deadly bacteria resides in a dogs mouth. (Cats, too) You need to find an oral antibiotic as quickly as you can and get this chicken started on it.

You may need to find a vet to get it.Amoxicillin is a good one. 250mg per day for ten days or longer if the wound appears not to be healing.
Here's no vet for poultry available..
Can please describe me the dosage briefly ..
I don't want to loose her..
It already look green to bluish :(

You will lose this chicken if you can't find an antibiotic. If you or any family has any leftover prescription sitting around, any antibiotic will work.

Amoxicillin is a good general antibiotic. It comes in pill form, either in 250mg capsules or 500mg capsules. A chicken dose is 250mg per day. The length of treatment is usually around ten days, but can be longer if the chicken is acting very sick after ten days.

You will lose this chicken if you can't find an antibiotic. If you or any family has any leftover prescription sitting around, any antibiotic will work.

Amoxicillin is a good general antibiotic. It comes in pill form, either in 250mg capsules or 500mg capsules. A chicken dose is 250mg per day. The length of treatment is usually around ten days, but can be longer if the chicken is acting very sick after ten days.
So I should use human medicine the 250mg whole tablet and how to give her ?
In water or feed her in the mouth ?
And this is the right dose ?
She was eating yesterday but today not eating much n not even drinking..plus she pooped only in the morning..

She was eating yesterday but today not eating much n not even drinking..plus she pooped only in the morning..
And what about any antibiotic ??
Can please specify some more names
I can get it as long as it a wide spectrum one .

Medicine is the same for humans as well as animals. The dosage may be different. Here is a list of broad spectrum antibiotics.

Give a 250mg pill directly into the chicken's beak once a day. The chicken will not choke on it. It will slide down into the crop easily.

How much does the chicken weigh? When my vet prescribes amoxicillin it's prescribed at 57 mg per pound *twice* a day for 7-10 days.

Back
Top Bottom