Inflammation in the eye??

Riro37

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2020
Hello Everyone. Well today i opened the coop for the chickens and i noticed that one of them is closing its right eye with foam like on her eye and i dont know what that is i hope someone will help ud out
IMG_20210228_064742.jpg

First thing you should do is clean the lens on your camera.

It's not possible to see clearly the bubbling or if there is facial tissue swelling.

Bubbling of the eye without swelling around it indicates an irritation by foreign matter. If you have a little bottle of lubricating eye drops, use that to liberally flush the eye. Then place a tiny dab of Neosporin or antibiotic ointment along the lower eye and push the eye closed to distribute it.

If there is facial swelling around the eye, it may be a respiratory illness requiring an antibiotic. If the bubbling and swelling is on both sides, there's an even better chance this is respiratory and not merely an irritation or localized infection.

Bubbles in an eye and swelling of the face can be mycoplasma or MG, a chronic respiratory disease. Clean the eye twice a day, removing any possible pus that may form, and apply Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store or online. If that is not available as is in some states, use plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day. If it gets worse, or if there is sneezing or gasping, I would get Tylosin to put in the water for 5 days (only for chickens with symptoms.) Dosage is 1 tsp per fallon of water. Here is where to find Tylosin:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

First thing you should do is clean the lens on your camera.

It's not possible to see clearly the bubbling or if there is facial tissue swelling.

Bubbling of the eye without swelling around it indicates an irritation by foreign matter. If you have a little bottle of lubricating eye drops, use that to liberally flush the eye. Then place a tiny dab of Neosporin or antibiotic ointment along the lower eye and push the eye closed to distribute it.

If there is facial swelling around the eye, it may be a respiratory illness requiring an antibiotic. If the bubbling and swelling is on both sides, there's an even better chance this is respiratory and not merely an irritation or localized infection.
She is acting and eating in a normal way and she is active, i put her in quarantine and got her opthalmic cream andbadding turmeric in her water and food, tommorow i will take her to a veterinarian. Thanks for your reply 🌹

Bubbles in an eye and swelling of the face can be mycoplasma or MG, a chronic respiratory disease. Clean the eye twice a day, removing any possible pus that may form, and apply Terramycin eye ointment from the feed store or online. If that is not available as is in some states, use plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day. If it gets worse, or if there is sneezing or gasping, I would get Tylosin to put in the water for 5 days (only for chickens with symptoms.) Dosage is 1 tsp per fallon of water. Here is where to find Tylosin:
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
Thank you very much 🌹

Back
Top Bottom