Info. on the Blue Langshan

Clayton Grace

Cooped Up
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
Hi
I have order 25 Blue Langshan chicks from Privett Hatchery and I would like to know if anyone has them.

Thanks Clayton Grace

I have one blue Langshan pullet, but none from that hatchery.

I never realized the huge difference there was between hatchery Langshans and show Langshans until someone posted a photo of one of their hatchery Langshans.

It's NUTS!

I will breed my Blue Langshans to the American Standard of Perfection and in a few years I hope to have a good breeding flock. I have talked to Forrest Beauford over the phone and I would like to get some of his stock. I think he has the best Langshans around.

Clayton Grace

I had a order to get 10 Red Dorkings from a hatchery. But after seeing a couple picture of there Dorkings on Photobucket.com I cancelled my order. They looked very old & sick.

Well, they're not sick, but I would definitely say they are on the older side of the spectrum. That hatchery is getting ready to start breeding for their own stock, so after next year, the breeders should be "refreshed" and they should be able to meet more production requirements.

Honestly, I've seen other breeders Langshans and there's no comparison. Forrest's have the best conformation as well as the best plumage quality. I have sworn to myself I won't buy anything but his now. There are other breeders in this area, and I bought one pullet from one man, and she just doesn't compare to Forrest's stuff.

Back
Top Bottom