Infomation please on these breeds that i just placed a order for..

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by CK KID, Apr 26, 2008.

1. CK KID

CK KID New Egg

Apr 26, 2008
    I've been wanting chickens for a long time, and just ordered 28 chicks from Murray Mcmurray, first off i hope its a good hatchery??? It drove me crazy as 2 what kind of chickens i wanted, i knew i wanted large chickens that lay brown eggs, but mainly really nice looking birds, I ordered 6 Buff Rocks , 6 RIR , 6 speckled sussex, 6 partridge rocks..those seem like really nice and good looking chickens, What do u think of the Buff and partridge rocks, and the speckled sussex?? ANd of course no farm is complete without a roo right!! I only wanted 1 but was told 2 order a few to get a better chance of getting a really nice one, I was told by a few peaple that The Partridge Rocks was 1 of the best looking roos, so i ordered 4 of them... What do u think of the chicks that i ordered, and any insight on my birds would be nice. thanks............ Also if any 1 has any pics of partridge rocks hens and roo please post
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Welcome to the chicken world. [​IMG] Well I like your choices of chickens. I'm not crazy about the RIR, but the rest are great. Just my opinion of course. I ordered from MacMurrays up until last year. Now I Breed my own, which is much better. However, this year there have been a lot of complaints on MacMurray's (or so it says on the board here anyway). I had problems with their chicks last year. However, I still think they are a good hatchery. I wish you good luck with your new chicks and we will be expecting pics. [​IMG]
  3. CK KID

CK KID New Egg

Apr 26, 2008
    yea i plan to post some pics, hopefully of ALL 28 of them!
  4. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    [​IMG] Welcome!

Great Breeds!!!
    Speckled Sussex

all really Great layers & all these breeds are freindly

We will be waiting for those pictures

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    You have made good choices, its good to get a variety starting out then U can find your picks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by