Information on chicken pyschology?

Chocobo

Chirping
8 Years
May 27, 2011
I have found this site is filled with fantastic information and has really helped me a lot. However most of the information about behavior seems to be anecdotal.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure most of the accepted practices are indeed the best way to do something but being a man of science I need to know WHY they work.
For example people have known for centuries that certain herbs or medicines work but how they work may only have been discovered in the past 50 years and rarely does the actual explanation line up with the reason people were taught that they worked 200 hundred years ago.
Are there any resources for the more technical and scientific minded that talk about chickens and specifically their behavior hiding on the internet somewhere?
I would love to know why they do the things they do. It's tempting to assign them human emotions and motivations but I bet the truth is far more fascinating.

I don't know of any, except for the few articles I have read in GRIT or Mother Earth News; both excellent publications in my opinion.

I've found the best way to learn why a chicken does what a chicken will do is just to spend time with them. You'll see patterns and behaviors develop and come to learn why.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom