Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Near Wilton Iowa
10 two day old chicks
50 wax worms
25 Med/Small crickets
One for year old.

Because my 4 year old was dieing to feed the new chicks. I decided to introduce the new fuzzy butts to real food. So for about $7 I got some wax worms and crickets. It took the little guys about 10 seconds to figure things out. Then it was a free for all and a game of snag the bug form the fingers and then play keep away till it could be eaten. It's amazing how tough a cricket can be with two chicks playing tug of war with it.

In the end everyone had a good time. The chicks got a great meal and my 4 year old had a blast feeding the chicks and watching the mayhem that followed each offering.

Only one problem. I think dad going to go broke buying crickets and wax worms now. LOL

They go crazy over the little treats, don't they? We need pics!
smile.png
wink.png

Quote:
Here's the first 7 out. The Yellow one, the Wheaten one, and one of the black ones is are Amaraucnanas... The others are BCMS

My 4 year old son is in love with them. He's amazingly gentle with the little guys.

My 42 yr old husband was buying mealworms by the 200 count last time we had fuzzies. When they got big enough for crickets he was raiding our lizards cricket keep to the point I had to double our order with the pet store.

We're getting 25 more in March.

Back
Top Bottom